The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Eeeeekkkkk

Oh my god. On Friday, I received an email from De Montfort university giving me an UNCONDITIONAL OFFER to study Media and Communications next year. I can't believe this has happened, I'm very flattered as it also said in the email that they don't give these sort of offers out to just anyone. It really made my day!!!

I love the university itself. The course that I'm interested in studying has the perfect mix of practical and theory based learning. The lecturer is amazing! The facilities I would be taught in, and the equipment I would be using is just the best. On the open day last week I was immediately drawn in!!!

I'm going to visit the city of Leicester itself to see how I feel around there - hopefully it's a more positive outcome than what my brain is telling me😂😂 a few of my friends are there already and they say it's really safe and everyone is so friendly. It's nice to have a students viewpoint on things too :smile:

So if you're planning to study Media and Communications at DMU (or any course for that matter) please hmu on here. Will be happy to make friends :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thevamps99xo
Oh my god. On Friday, I received an email from De Montfort university giving me an UNCONDITIONAL OFFER to study Media and Communications next year. I can't believe this has happened, I'm very flattered as it also said in the email that they don't give these sort of offers out to just anyone. It really made my day!!!

I love the university itself. The course that I'm interested in studying has the perfect mix of practical and theory based learning. The lecturer is amazing! The facilities I would be taught in, and the equipment I would be using is just the best. On the open day last week I was immediately drawn in!!!

I'm going to visit the city of Leicester itself to see how I feel around there - hopefully it's a more positive outcome than what my brain is telling me😂😂 a few of my friends are there already and they say it's really safe and everyone is so friendly. It's nice to have a students viewpoint on things too :smile:

So if you're planning to study Media and Communications at DMU (or any course for that matter) please hmu on here. Will be happy to make friends :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Looks like we got the same offer - I also got an unconditional to study Media & comms at de montford next year :p:
Original post by SH25
Looks like we got the same offer - I also got an unconditional to study Media & comms at de montford next year :p:

Hey!!! That's great:smile: if you decide to firm it PLEASE message me as I would love to make friends who would be on the course!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ive firmed my unconditional for comp science:smile:)
Yay!!! That's great :biggrin: is it okay if I message you? Even though we're not on the same course, it would be great to make some friends :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah of course!
Got myself an unconditonal for Journalism and Media, can't wait for it!
unconditional for international business. Im not sure whether to accept as dmu isnt my fave uni. Whats the city like? Is the accommodation far from the lecture buildings?
Son got unconditional for economics if he firms but it's not his top choice uni , I would imagine there's loads of these letters gone out
Original post by Rainbowcorn
unconditional for international business. Im not sure whether to accept as dmu isnt my fave uni. Whats the city like? Is the accommodation far from the lecture buildings?

The city is a lot nicer than what it was (my mums friend went to the uni when it was called Leicester Polytechnic and it was horrible) but they've invested so much into it! And the accommodation is really nice and close to the lecture buildings :smile: some are a bit off campus but that might not be a problem

Posted from TSR Mobile
The city is a lot nicer than what it was (my mums friend went to the uni when it was called Leicester Polytechnic and it was horrible) but they've invested so much into it! And the accommodation is really nice and close to the lecture buildings :smile: some are a bit off campus but that might not be a problem

Posted from TSR Mobile

ah thats good! i do like the sound of leceister as its seems like a very student city! Do you know roughly how far the further accommodation is or anything about it really? i know nothing really haha
ah thats good! i do like the sound of leceister as its seems like a very student city! Do you know roughly how far the further accommodation is or anything about it really? i know nothing really haha

I'd say about a 5 mins walk

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd say about a 5 mins walk

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh really, thats very close! thanks

If it's not your favourite why would you firm it ?
Original post by Mumofson
If it's not your favourite why would you firm it ?

thats what im debating now. I do like dmu, but i do prefer surrey&brunel. However, I dont think i will realistically get the grades for surrey, so im stuck with brunel. Also, firming dmu will take away so much stress from exams, and transport aka train is much easier to leicester rather than london. Also i can always go through adjustment? Im not too sure yet hence asking what other people think and like about dmu
thats what im debating now. I do like dmu, but i do prefer surrey&brunel. However, I dont think i will realistically get the grades for surrey, so im stuck with brunel. Also, firming dmu will take away so much stress from exams, and transport aka train is much easier to leicester rather than london. Also i can always go through adjustment? Im not too sure yet hence asking what other people think and like about dmu

My understanding is you can't go through adjustment if you firm an unconditional offer . Good luck with your choice.
Original post by Mumofson
My understanding is you can't go through adjustment if you firm an unconditional offer . Good luck with your choice.

thanks, i had a chat with my teachers and i think i will go with my origional choices and reject the unconditional

Quick Reply