The Student Room Group

I escaped Nazi Germany. I see its ideology alive in America today

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
What will Trump do? Nothing whatsoever. He just made big bold claims to try and get power and completely played the system. Well done to him.
If trump does build death camps, he's probably only gonna incinerate illegal muslims. He's saving israel.

Stay strong Israel, January 20th is fast approaching!

he tweets.
He's not gonna kill any Jews, seeing as israel is predominantly jewish and that would hurt Netanyahu's feelings.

Don't worry 'bout it whats the worst that could happen.
Original post by Bornblue
I dare say someone who actually lived in Hitler's Germany, is far better at foreseeing the signs of fascism than you are.

Well I dare say you are wrong.

I'm sorry but you can't compare the time of Hitler to now seriously and you can't compare the chancellors powers to the us presidents power.

He has almost none domestically

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
Well I dare say you are wrong.

I'm sorry but you can't compare the time of Hitler to now seriously and you can't compare the chancellors powers to the us presidents power.

He has almost none domestically

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would say that someone who actually lived in Hitler's Germany and saw all the signs is most certainly qualified to make comparisons.
I would say that someone who actually lived in Hitler's Germany and saw all the signs is most certainly qualified to make comparisons.

Saying nothing about the two different sets of government?

The role of a free press? Social media? Mobile phones? The internet?

Just because someone had personal experience of it as a 12 year old child doesn't make them correct

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh dear, the level of histrionic nonsense the left and its token mouthpieces are now putting out... it'll only end up discrediting itself completely. Keep it up!

Original post by DarthRoar
You're absolutely right. People who want to deport people who are illegally in a country are basically Hitler.

Sarcasm aside, his opposition to 14th Amendment Citizenship makes sense. The American Government and taxpayers shouldn't have to pay and care for children born to parents who entered illegally, who should never have had a child there. It doesn't make sense for people to be able to sneak into a country, have children, then also have those children be cared for by the state.

And if you think that there could be some sort of second Holocaust, you're delusional.

Good points. It's not even part of the original Constitution (a flawed document even though it had its good parts), and is not some immutable principle incapable of being revised, especially insofar as it represents bad policy.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by paul514
Saying nothing about the two different sets of government?

The role of a free press? Social media? Mobile phones? The internet?

Just because someone had personal experience of it as a 12 year old child doesn't make them correct

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually yes it does. Someone who was persecuted by Hitler is able to make valid comparisons.

You, like so many others seem to think that any comparison to Hitler means that you are saying they will kill millions.
Original post by absoul
Right wingers get so triggered when you compare trump to hitler lmao. The similarities are there, we're not suggesting there's going to be holocaust II but the similarities are there regardless.

It's not so much that they're triggered, as they think that such claims are retarded.

They both breathe oxygen. I mean, the similarities are endless...
Actually yes it does. Someone who was persecuted by Hitler is able to make valid comparisons.

You, like so many others seem to think that any comparison to Hitler means that you are saying they will kill millions.

Actually, that's the only reason the invocation of Hitler is effective in a rhetorical sense. Take away that and it's rather toothless. He is drawing the analogy with that in mind. His background means little to me. It doesn't prevent him from being inaccurate or dishonest.
Original post by TCA2b
Actually, that's the only reason the invocation of Hitler is effective in a rhetorical sense. Take away that and it's rather toothless. He is drawing the analogy with that in mind. His background means little to me. It doesn't prevent him from being inaccurate or dishonest.

Correct

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'd say the man is incredibly picky about what he's critical about and is making statements because he doesn't like Donald Trump.

Really? He's worried about where America is heading? Trends toward fascism? Warnings?

The man would have come to America when half the country was still segregated racially, there would have been Japanese Internment camps, and then McCarthyism a few years later. But no, 60 years later, when things are radically different, race relations have changed immeasurably - it's all bad because he doesn't like what Donald Trump has said.
Original post by nomad992
Lmao how ridiculous is this.

Before Trump ran he was never accused of racism once.

Why are people crying about people who come into a country ILLEGALLY? It is a crime to do so.

All of the hate crimes in america have been PROVEN to be hoaxes.

All of the increased crime has come from the left, as they are utterly intolerant and hate democracy.

Get over it, you lost.

On never being accused of racism before: http://www.snopes.com/donald-trump-racist-meme (you may not trust snopes overall, but it does contain the sourced quotes showing that he has been accused of it for decades)

On why people might defend illegal immigrants: because we feel sorry for the awful situations many (not all! Some are ********s and criminals) are leaving behind, recognize the luck of being born in a wealthy country, and believe that there is enough wealth to go around - also a recognition that most of the inequalities and problems are not due to illegals, but rather to the actions of selfish and powerful men and women.

All hate crimes have been proven to be hoaxes: this one is just plain wrong - the FBI stats show that between 2 to 8% of reported hate crimes go on to be dismissed as false (putting it in line with other kinds of crime) - this is from surveying all reported hate crimes, and tracking their eventual result. There are also anecdotal examples of the opposite effect, too: there was the wife of a police officer who daubed black lives matter slogans over her house to pretend that "thugs" had stolen her jewellry (look up the case of maria daly). This doesn't mean that all such theft claims are false, but it also means you should think again before expanding some hate crime hoaxes to mean that they are ALL false.
Original post by TCA2b

Except of course, that someone who lived through it has far more knowledge of it than a keyboard warrior.
Except of course, that someone who lived through it has far more knowledge of it than a keyboard warrior.

Not necessarily, no. I don't operate on that assumption. Of course, when it works to the benefit of the keyboard warriors trying to push this sort of narrative, they'll rope in individuals who "lived through it", as if that suffices to make their case. To compare him to Hitler does require a rather high burden of proof.
Original post by adamdaniell
On never being accused of racism before: http://www.snopes.com/donald-trump-racist-meme (you may not trust snopes overall, but it does contain the sourced quotes showing that he has been accused of it for decades)

On why people might defend illegal immigrants: because we feel sorry for the awful situations many (not all! Some are ********s and criminals) are leaving behind, recognize the luck of being born in a wealthy country, and believe that there is enough wealth to go around - also a recognition that most of the inequalities and problems are not due to illegals, but rather to the actions of selfish and powerful men and women.

All hate crimes have been proven to be hoaxes: this one is just plain wrong - the FBI stats show that between 2 to 8% of reported hate crimes go on to be dismissed as false (putting it in line with other kinds of crime) - this is from surveying all reported hate crimes, and tracking their eventual result. There are also anecdotal examples of the opposite effect, too: there was the wife of a police officer who daubed black lives matter slogans over her house to pretend that "thugs" had stolen her jewellry (look up the case of maria daly). This doesn't mean that all such theft claims are false, but it also means you should think again before expanding some hate crime hoaxes to mean that they are ALL false.

Never accused of racism before, has many friends and allys that are not white, and not a single one of his proposed policies will do anything other than inprove the lives of minorities living in america.

There is not enough wealth to go around to support millions and millions of illegal immigrants, that is one of the main reasons that it is a huge issue. It also drives the wages down of all americans, reducing their living standards as illegals will work jobs cash in hand for a much lower rate. This leads to huge amount of lost tax revenue by the government therefore increasing the debt. I agree that a few people do have a monopoly but if they are keeping jobs in the US then it doesnt really matter as everyone will be better off.

I spoke out of turn there, not all but a huge number have been proven to be hoaxes and if you keep up with whats going on, you cannot deny this. Black Live Matter is a terrorist organisation which has called for the deaths of police officers and caused it to happen. Whats worse is that Obama invited them into the white house even though their entire cause is racist against white and utterly false.

They need to get black on black killings down I think before they start calling for the death of police officers
Original post by Mathemagicien
I have been saying for years that Trump is basically Hitler 2.0. I'm not going to say I told you so, but... well, I told you so!

There is no need to build death camps in the US, because their police is perfectly capable of wiping out the "undesirables".

I see more fascism with the liberals and Hillary supporters who have manufactured violence, misreported and consistent lies and hypocrisy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow I can't believe all the support that Trump is getting as if he is doing something right.

Let's just say him "sending back immigrants" is right, Are you forgetting the clip where he was talking about "How he gets the ladies" by groping?
Or ordering a "total and complete shutdown of Muslims"? I'm not muslim myself ,but what about those muslims who lived in America since really long ago? Ohhh he's just gonna throw them out because of their religion.

Ughhh if only some people could hear themselves and what they are saying.
Original post by CorpusLuteum
If trump does build death camps, he's probably only gonna incinerate illegal muslims. He's saving israel.

he tweets.
He's not gonna kill any Jews, seeing as israel is predominantly jewish and that would hurt Netanyahu's feelings.

Don't worry 'bout it whats the worst that could happen.

Incinerate muslims??
How can you say that so casually ?
Bruuh can you hear yourself talking about muslims as if they're cattle or something
Reply 38
Original post by absoul
Right wingers get so triggered when you compare trump to hitler lmao. The similarities are there, we're not suggesting there's going to be holocaust II but the similarities are there regardless.

Hillary clinton had similar policies to Hitler
Original post by shaninerox
Incinerate muslims??
How can you say that so casually ?
Bruuh can you hear yourself talking about muslims as if they're cattle or something

licherally

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending