The Student Room Group

Christmas market in manchester

ITS NEARLY CHRISTMAS !!
Has anyone been to the market yet ?!?
It’s my favourite place to go at Christmas in Manchester, the hot chocolates, churros, hog roast and busking is brilliant.
Is anyone going this year ?

Christmas can be a difficult time for many people. If you need support- you are not alone- please reach out.
The following organisations may be able to help you:
www.samaritans.org
www.papyrus-uk.org
www.mind.org.uk
www.youngminds.org.uk
(edited 4 months ago)
I haven’t been yet this year but I am planning to check out as much as I can. I work right next to part of the markets so I’ll be getting out on my breaks most days to have a mooch around and grab some nice food whilst I’m there.

It’s looking good and getting very busy already from what I’ve seen 🙂
Original post by IanDangerously
I haven’t been yet this year but I am planning to check out as much as I can. I work right next to part of the markets so I’ll be getting out on my breaks most days to have a mooch around and grab some nice food whilst I’m there.

It’s looking good and getting very busy already from what I’ve seen 🙂

hi @IanDangerously
You’re so lucky living right next to it? Can you see it outside your works windows? Yh the food looks divine and the jewellery stores look amazing!

Emily
Reply 3
I can't really be arsed with them, I don't see the point. Asked the Mrs if she wants to go and she pulled a face so I have escaped for another year :lol:
Original post by gjd800
I can't really be arsed with them, I don't see the point. Asked the Mrs if she wants to go and she pulled a face so I have escaped for another year :lol:

Ahah at least you asked!
Best wishes
Emily
Not been to the Manchester one this year but I've had a look at my local Christmas market in Leeds. This year it's bigger than I've seen it before & there's stalls all over the city centre. I'm meeting up with a few friends later today to have a proper look round.
Original post by Manchester Met - Student Rep
ITS NEARLY CHRISTMAS !!
Has anyone been to the market yet ?!?
It’s my favourite place to go at Christmas in Manchester, the hot chocolates, churros, hog roast and busking is brilliant.
Is anyone going this year ?

Been to my local xmas market but not the Manchester one :tongue: might go check out another one this weekend though !

Just to let you know I've moved your thread into the new christmas grotto forum :yy: hope this is ok! :xmasgrin:
No Christmas markets for me :nope:
Ooh yes I have already been to many Christmas markets, the Elves and I have been choosing some lovely local gifts ready to be given out at Christmas! :xmasgrin: How exciting, merry Christmas!
I'm in Germany for a few days and have been visiting many Christmas markets I think I've racked up five on my trip!

I did pass by Manchester market when it opened a few weeks back, and was pleasantly surprised!
(edited 4 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest