The Student Room Group

Oxbridge Computer Science Master

Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post.

But anyways I was thinking of doing a Computer Science Master at either Cambridge or Oxford.

I currently study Computer Science & Information Security at Royal Holloway(The university is ranked about 50th in the UK. But it's pulled down by other degrees. The Information Security one of only twelve Academic Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security Research within the United Kingdom blah blah blah...)

I got a final year average of 83% in my first year and 77% in my second year. I'm doing modules I like in my 3rd year, so again I'd be expecting an average above 70%.

The entry requirements for both say you need a First. But i'm presuming most successful applicants have very very high Firsts.

Due to the ranking of my current university & grades. Is there a strong chance of me being accepted to either?

Thanks,
Reply 1
Original post by RnadomQ
Hi,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post.

But anyways I was thinking of doing a Computer Science Master at either Cambridge or Oxford.

I currently study Computer Science & Information Security at Royal Holloway(The university is ranked about 50th in the UK. But it's pulled down by other degrees. The Information Security one of only twelve Academic Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security Research within the United Kingdom blah blah blah...)

I got a final year average of 83% in my first year and 77% in my second year. I'm doing modules I like in my 3rd year, so again I'd be expecting an average above 70%.

The entry requirements for both say you need a First. But i'm presuming most successful applicants have very very high Firsts.

Due to the ranking of my current university & grades. Is there a strong chance of me being accepted to either?

Thanks,

Yes "just" a 1st is likely to be good enough. Competition for postgrad is generally lower than for undergrad courses. RHUL is absolutely fine as a "prior university" for Cambridge.

Cambridge: http://www.graduate.study.cam.ac.uk/download/statistics-2015-2016

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending