The Student Room Group
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele

Ask a current Keele student!

Scroll to see replies

Ive looked on the welcome app and it seems that key collection and enrolment starts on the 21st. Where has the 23rd date for move in come from if you can do all of that stuff on the 21st?
Chapel, Keele University
Keele University
Keele
Original post by Sarnie12
Ive looked on the welcome app and it seems that key collection and enrolment starts on the 21st. Where has the 23rd date for move in come from if you can do all of that stuff on the 21st?

As far as I'm aware, arrival and enrolment of international students begins on 20th September, and arrival and enrolment of UK students begins on 23rd September :smile:

Information can be found here :smile:
Original post by Leviathan1741
As far as I'm aware, arrival and enrolment of international students begins on 20th September, and arrival and enrolment of UK students begins on 23rd September :smile:

Information can be found here :smile:

that would make sense
Original post by TheFisherTea
Hi, saw on the accommodation site there is a network quota on the internet at Keele. Any idea how small this is?

What ive heard is its not real, and its just said to try and stop extremely high usage. Basically just stay reasonable.
Reply 44
Do you know if getting a parking permit is easy or do they rarely give them out?
Original post by Hbrooks
Do you know if getting a parking permit is easy or do they rarely give them out?

I remember many students having problems getting parking permits last year, and I saw lots of complaints on Facebook. There are specific criteria that you need to meet, and as parking space on campus is limited, I think parking permits at Keele are normally quite difficult to get (I haven't applied for one myself, so I'm going based off the experiences of other students that I have seen). This page has more information :smile:
Hey! Thanks so much for this thread! I was wondering what most of the student unions cost, on average? Thanks ^_^
Hi, what is the diversity like at keele? And what is the night life like? Would you say it was boring?
Original post by maggiezz3
Hi, what is the diversity like at keele? And what is the night life like? Would you say it was boring?

Keele is very diverse in terms of its students, there are students from lots of different countries and backgrounds. Nightlife is good I think, personally I'm not one to go out drinking etc but my friends enjoy it. There are lots of societies that put on events like music and quizzes too, so there's plenty of variety. I wouldn't say it was boring :smile:
Original post by Do1phinDreamer
Hey! Thanks so much for this thread! I was wondering what most of the student unions cost, on average? Thanks ^_^

What for?

Drinks? Events?
Original post by maggiezz3

59% Female
29% BAME (Black, Asian, and minority ethnic)

Nights out are good initially but quite a few people got tired of the student union overtime. Nightlife in local areas isn't there that much. They do pull in some really good acts though and I always enjoyed the SU nights (mostly)
Original post by Excuse Me!
What for?

Drinks? Events?

...ahhhh. Apologies! I meant for joining them - I know for some universities (including the one my twin sister is going to be attending), you have to pay to join the society. I know one of them (I forget which) on the SU website said it was £2, but none of the others specified? Is it just that it doesn't work like that at Keele? Sorry if this is a stupid question!!
Original post by Do1phinDreamer
...ahhhh. Apologies! I meant for joining them - I know for some universities (including the one my twin sister is going to be attending), you have to pay to join the society. I know one of them (I forget which) on the SU website said it was £2, but none of the others specified? Is it just that it doesn't work like that at Keele? Sorry if this is a stupid question!!

Do you mean the cost to join societies? If so the price completely varies from £2 to slightly more for the sports ones.

Most of the prices should be listed on the Keele SU website.

Or maybe you meant entry into the building itself? If so,
Entry to the SU building is free when there isn't an event. Each event is a different price but typically between £3-6
Hi all :smile:

Wondering what the dress code for freshers ball is?
Reply 54
Original post by keelepsych
Hi all :smile:

Wondering what the dress code for freshers ball is?

Just like any other night out! Usually, they have a fancy dress theme but the 2 yrs I've been here barely anyone does it as it isn't very impressive!
hi , i wanted to know how can we find out in advance what books we need for our subjects.
Reply 56
hi :-)
how can i log in in my Keele's e-mail?
any dates to the social sciences foundation year start?
Original post by Alex Pt
hi :-)
how can i log in in my Keele's e-mail?
any dates to the social sciences foundation year start?

If you've received an email with your Keele IT log in details, then you can access your email by going to the Keele University website and clicking on 'students' at the top of the page. When you log in, go to The Office tab, Mail and Apps, and follow the link to your university Google Mail account :smile:

I'm not sure about the social sciences dates :smile:
Original post by kimiya97
hi , i wanted to know how can we find out in advance what books we need for our subjects.

If you go onto your course page on the Keele website, there is a link to the Module Catalogue for that subject under the Course Content tab. Click Module Catalogue, then select your course and the year you're going into (e.g. History Single Honours Level 4), to view the list of modules for the year. Each module has a Further details link, and if you click on that, there should be a Talis Aspire reading list underneath the course description :smile:
The moving to keele booklet i got in the post says the room comes with a duvet and a pillow. Is this right? and are they new? Thank

Quick Reply

Latest