The Student Room Group

vectors help urgent please ;((

someone pls help me with part(iii) using the ratio method, do include your detailed explanations thanks alot my a2 is in weeks
answer & question are attached below.
ps i could get the 2 equations, i am just having problem with the ratio part thanks alot
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lavender123
someone pls help me with part(iii) using the ratio method, do include your detailed explanations thanks alot my a2 is in weeks
answer & question are attached below.
ps i could get the 2 equations, i am just having problem with the ratio part thanks alot

So you are looking for a direction vector that lies in p (so is perpendicular to the normal to the plane) and is also perpendicular to the direction of the line. Is there a vector operation that takes two vectors and gives a new vector that is perpendicular to both of them?
Reply 2
Original post by alfredholmes
So you are looking for a direction vector that lies in p (so is perpendicular to the normal to the plane) and is also perpendicular to the direction of the line. Is there a vector operation that takes two vectors and gives a new vector that is perpendicular to both of them?

yeap, im looking for the directional vector. the mark scheme says we can use the ratio method to get (6,2,-1) but im not too sure how do you have any idea?
Original post by lavender123
yeap, im looking for the directional vector. the mark scheme says we can use the ratio method to get (6,2,-1) but im not too sure how do you have any idea?

If you cross the two direction vectors then you'll get a direction vector in the right direction

Quick Reply

Latest