The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS further maths - Core Pure 1 (15th May 2023)

How did you guys find the paper todayyy

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
it was pretty easy i'd say
Reply 2
Felt so different to the other past papers, ****ed it up
Reply 3
thought it went quite well tbf, didn't know the last part on the vectors question though.
Reply 4
Yeah it was good, except for the vector question. But does anyone know when the paper will be posted?
Was there any proof by induction?
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by andrew.blackett
Was there any proof by induction?

sadly not
Reply 7
i got (1,1,4) for the vector coords did anyone else
What did everyone get for the value of 'n' in the very last question... and a and b in the z^10 one
Reply 9
Are you allowed to tell what topics came up?
Reply 10
I'm so ****ed I missed out on the last question. I was sitting there thinking I've done everything and 2 minutes before the end I flip through the pages again and see there's a bloody question 10. So annoying especially since it was an easy roots one as well.
Does anyone still remember the vector question since i forgot i want to retry that to check my original solution
Reply 12
Original post by studyinkmaths
What did everyone get for the value of 'n' in the very last question... and a and b in the z^10 one

I think from memory for n i got -63, and had no idea for the z^10 one
can u please tell me the vector question?
tell me what the question was for z^10 and I can try answer it for you. :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by SmellyButwifpoop
tell me what the question was for z^10 and I can try answer it for you. :smile:

oh that question was horrible. I'm pretty sure it was asking for the complex number given:
mod (z^10) = 3^10
arg (z^10) = -5pi/3
Original post by seadrown
it was pretty easy i'd say

Yeah I actually found it pretty well
Original post by BartBester
I'm so ****ed I missed out on the last question. I was sitting there thinking I've done everything and 2 minutes before the end I flip through the pages again and see there's a bloody question 10. So annoying especially since it was an easy roots one as well.

Aww that's actually so annoying, wb the rest?
Original post by Zo3.
oh that question was horrible. I'm pretty sure it was asking for the complex number given:
mod (z^10) = 3^10
arg (z^10) = -5pi/3

Is the question asking what is z? if the answer is yes then here is my solution:
write as mod arg form i.e. 3^10(cos(-5pi/3)+isin(-5pi/3)) we can rewrite this as [3(cos(-1pi/6)+isin(-1pi/6))]^10 since its the same and then we can just consider z = 3(cos(-1pi/6)+isin(-1pi/6)) => z=3sqrt(3)/2 -3i/2, therefore a = 3sqrt(3) all over 2 and b = -3/2
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by Zo3.
mod (z^10) = 3^10
arg (z^10) = -5pi/3

can you tell me the hardest question in the paper please :smile: ill try it if u do

Quick Reply

Latest