The Student Room Group

If Tim Farron was a Muslim....

Scroll to see replies

Yes, there is a double standard there. The criticism he's currently getting would be labelled "Islamophobic" if he were a Muslim.
Original post by MeYou2Night
He would not be branded a homophobe and wouldn't be getting all the hate would he? as that would be racist right?

I despise all religion but Islam and Muslims are treated differently and to different standards by the left to other religions - esp Christianity.

If a Christian says something against gay people it's homophobic but if a Muslim says the same thing based on his/her religion it isn't, otherwise the left will call you racist!

Our ancestors died in their thousands to stop Islam getting a hold in Europe, now we've wilfully let millions in...
He would not be branded a homophobe and wouldn't be getting all the hate would he? as that would be racist right?

I despise all religion but Islam and Muslims are treated differently and to different standards by the left to other religions - esp Christianity.

If a Christian says something against gay people it's homophobic but if a Muslim says the same thing based on his/her religion it isn't, otherwise the left will call you racist!

I still that why Sadiq Khan was branded an Islamist who wanted to implement Shariah law by the right-wing, despite being more liberal with regards to gay rights than Farron? Is that why right-wing conspiracy theorists branded Obama a secret Muslim who was plotting to implement Shariah law merely because his middle name is a Muslim name? Get real.
He wouldn't be leader of the Lib Dems, rendering it moot anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If he was muslim it would have been worse...
Original post by Whiskey&Freedom
At least Tim Farron sticks to his beliefs. It is far better than pandering to the gay crowd and their mindless liberal supporters by saying being gay is okay. No true Christian would do that.

By the same logic, he's not a true Christian for supporting women's right when The Bible is more anti-woman than anti-gay.
The West is a post-secular and materialistic society, where minorities have a better say than the majority. Maybe the islamic conquest of UK via demography is not bad afterall and it is a normal darwinistic procees.
Original post by JohnGreek
Actually, that was predominantly the East Europeans and the Spanish.

sadly, it was a great mistake. They should let the muslims invade France and UK. They would not live in a phantasy world today.
Original post by anarchism101
He wouldn't be leader of the Lib Dems, rendering it moot anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why not? If Mo Shafiq can be a Lib Dem anyone can...
Ah I love these "this has nothing to do with Islam but let's bring Islam into it anyway because I am obsessed with the religion and feel a constant and desperate need to vilify it" kind of threads. Classic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Palmyra
Why not? If Mo Shafiq can be a Lib Dem anyone can...

I'm not saying Muslims can't be Lib Dems, just that a homophobic Muslim would likely never be Lib Dem leader in the first place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anarchism101
I'm not saying Muslims can't be Lib Dems, just that a homophobic Muslim would likely never be Lib Dem leader in the first place.

Yet a homophobic Christian can (/is)?

Some Lib Dem members would probably think it was prejudiced not to vote for a homophobic Muslim (and I say this as a LD member and voter).
However, Tim Farron has actually said he does not consider gay sex a sin
He went from "we are all sinners" to "gay sex is not a sin" (after several months).

Not very convincing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending