The Student Room Group

Chemistry OCR A Specimen Papers

Anyone willing to share thoughts on this papers and whether thought the specimen was harder than the past paper.
Original post by CarlBane
Anyone willing to share thoughts on this papers and whether thought the specimen was harder than the past paper.

Specimen is definitely harder. 48/75 was an A* in the unified chemistry set 2 paper.
Reply 2
Original post by APersonYo
Specimen is definitely harder. 48/75 was an A* in the unified chemistry set 2 paper.

That low boundary but where did you get this and aren't the papers out of 100 and also 70?
That low boundary but where did you get this and aren't the papers out of 100 and also 70?

My school cut out a buffers question and fabricated grade boundaries based off our year group. Bare in my, all my chemistry teachers are real examiners for OCR A and some are even team leaders of groups of examiners.
Reply 4
My school cut out a buffers question and fabricated grade boundaries based off our year group. Bare in my, all my chemistry teachers are real examiners for OCR A and some are even team leaders of groups of examiners.

Yeah we have nothing like that where I go to. In fact I had to teach myself the whole damn chemistry course. I fell nearly fell asleep in most of my chemistry lessons. If you don't mind can you give an indication of the percentages your school used for grade B, A and A*.
Yeah we have nothing like that where I go to. In fact I had to teach myself the whole damn chemistry course. I fell nearly fell asleep in most of my chemistry lessons. If you don't mind can you give an indication of the percentages your school used for grade B, A and A*.

I also had to teach myself the chemistry course due to illness, but my teachers do help a lot in terms of exam technique. It was based off our AS results which we sat in June. If you just got an A, you were predicted an A. If you got over a certain mark in your AS results, you were predicted an A*
I also had to teach myself the chemistry course due to illness, but my teachers do help a lot in terms of exam technique. It was based off our AS results which we sat in June. If you just got an A, you were predicted an A. If you got over a certain mark in your AS results, you were predicted an A*

Can you please send me the set 1 paper 3 or set 2 paper 1,2,3 please

Quick Reply

Latest