The Student Room Group

SADTRAP

If you don't know what it is - google XXXTENTACION or LiL PEEP :colonhash:
Nobody I know in real life likes it. I wonder why. :colonhash:
I've been listening to it for a while but lately it seems kinda more popular? Like they have more views on youtube. Anyone else into it? :h:
(edited 6 years ago)
It is like bad imitation of Kid Cudi's first album.
Reply 2
Original post by Meany Pie
It is like bad imitation of Kid Cudi's first album.

Idk maybe a little bit? Kinda more extreme though? And I'd say it's better, lol.
I don't get the hype with XXXTentacion (whatever he's called), he's only popular because of that "look at me" song - (the whole song is death to my ears), nobody would bat an eyelash to the rest of his stuff which is crap anyway imo, I'm just into general trap music.

He's only become popular because he's gained support from so many artists like Drake he even did a mix to one of tentacion songs and there was this whole uproar about how Drake is unoriginal etc.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Ciel.
Idk maybe a little bit? Kinda more extreme though? And I'd say it's better, lol.

More depressing and not as good.

But if you want depressing this will do the trick

[video="youtube;lP077RitNAc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP077RitNAc[/video]
Reply 5

[video="youtube;lP077RitNAc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP077RitNAc[/video]

Hey, it's a matter of taste! Ah I remember Hollywood Undead, I used to like them in high school, lol. I think sadtrap is more depressing though, idk
Original post by Ciel.
Hey, it's a matter of taste! Ah I remember Hollywood Undead, I used to like them in high school, lol. I think sadtrap is more depressing though, idk

Bad taste.
Reply 7
Original post by squirrology
I don't get the hype with XXXTentacion (whatever he's called), he's only popular because of that "look at me" song - (the whole song is death to my ears), nobody would bat an eyelash to the rest of his stuff which is crap anyway imo.

He's only become popular because he's gained support from so many artists like Drake he even did a remix to one of tentacion songs and there was this whole uproar about how Drake is unoriginal etc.

Oh is that why he's more popular now? Didn't even know that. But wow, that song has like 48m views now. I remember when I first discovered sad trap all songs would have like a few k at most.
Reply 8
Bad taste.

Nah, there's no such thing as bad taste in music. Unless it's Nicki Minaj or some other **** like that :colonhash:
Original post by Ciel.
Oh is that why he's more popular now? Didn't even know that. But wow, that song has like 48m views now. I remember when I first discovered sad trap all songs would have like a few k at most.

Yeah apparently one of Drakes songs called KMT sounds exactly like the song look at me hence the big uproar :lol:

Really???? Tbh I never heard of "sadtrap" until I heard "look at me" and I only discovered it because a youtuber used the instrumental as an outro and the drake situation, I liked the beat but the the lyrics are just..... different to what I usually listen to and incredibly aggressive, I don't really know how to describe it...
Reply 10
Yeah apparently one of Drakes songs called KMT sounds exactly like the song look at me hence the big uproar :lol:

Really???? Tbh I never heard of "sadtrap" until I heard "look at me" and I only discovered it because a youtuber used the instrumental as an outro and the drake situation, I liked the beat but the the lyrics are just..... different to what I usually listen to and incredibly aggressive, I don't really know how to describe it...

I guess I like to venture into the dark side of youtube :h:Hmm not all lyrics are very aggressive eg
ℒund - Mirror is so chill and relaxing
Reply 11
Ok so one of the mods, for whatever reason binned my sadtrap thread. :colonhash: Here's what we've discussed so far :h:

[*] If you don't know what it is - google XXXTENTACION or LiL PEEP
Nobody I know in real life likes it. I wonder why.
I've been listening to it for a while but lately it seems kinda more popular? Like they have more views on youtube. Anyone else into it? Last edited by Ciel.; 1 Hour Ago at 09:20. 0

[*]

[*] Meany Pie

48 minutes ago

It is like bad imitation of Kid Cudi's first album. 0

[*] Ciel.

42 minutes ago

(Original post by Meany Pie)
It is like bad imitation of Kid Cudi's first album. Idk maybe a little bit? Kinda more extreme though? And I'd say it's better, lol. 0

[*] squirrology

41 minutes ago

I don't get the hype with XXXTentacion (whatever he's called), he's only popular because of that "look at me" song - (the whole song is death to my ears), nobody would bat an eyelash to the rest of his stuff which is crap anyway imo, I'm just into general trap music.

He's only become popular because he's gained support from so many artists like Drake he even did a mix to one of tentacion songs and there was this whole uproar about how Drake is unoriginal etc. Last edited by squirrology; 26 minutes ago at 10:15. Reason: Error 0

[*] Meany Pie

40 minutes ago

(Original post by Ciel.)
Idk maybe a little bit? Kinda more extreme though? And I'd say it's better, lol. More depressing and not as good.

[*]

[*] Ciel.

35 minutes ago

…see more Hey, it's a matter of taste! Ah I remember Hollywood Undead, I used to like them in high school, lol. I think sadtrap is more depressing though, idk 0

[*] Meany Pie

34 minutes ago

(Original post by Ciel.)
Hey, it's a matter of taste! Ah I remember Hollywood Undead, I used to like them in high school, lol. I think sadtrap is more depressing though, idk Bad taste. 0

[*] Ciel.

31 minutes ago

(Original post by squirrology)
I don't get the hype with XXXTentacion (whatever he's called), he's only popular because of that "look at me" song - (the whole song is death to my ears), nobody would bat an eyelash to the rest of his stuff which is crap anyway imo.

He's only become popular because he's gained support from so many artists like Drake he even did a remix to one of tentacion songs and there was this whole uproar about how Drake is unoriginal etc. …see more Oh is that why he's more popular now? Didn't even know that. But wow, that song has like 48m views now. I remember when I first discovered sad trap all songs would have like a few k at most. 0

[*] Ciel.

30 minutes ago

Bad taste. Nah, there's no such thing as bad taste in music. Unless it's Nicki Minaj or some other **** like that 1

[*]

[*] squirrology

18 minutes ago

(Original post by Ciel.)
Oh is that why he's more popular now? Didn't even know that. But wow, that song has like 48m views now. I remember when I first discovered sad trap all songs would have like a few k at most. …see more Yeah apparently one of Drakes songs called KMT sounds exactly like the song look at me hence the big uproar

Really???? Tbh I never heard of "sadtrap" until I heard "look at me" and I only discovered it because a youtuber used the instrumental as an outro and the drake situation, I liked the beat but the the lyrics are just..... different to what I usually listen to and incredibly aggressive, I don't really know how to describe it... 0

[*] Ciel.

9 minutes ago

Yeah apparently one of Drakes songs called KMT sounds exactly like the song look at me hence the big uproar

Really???? Tbh I never heard of "sadtrap" until I heard "look at me" and I only discovered it because a youtuber used the instrumental as an outro and the drake situation, I liked the beat but the the lyrics are just..... different to what I usually listen to and incredibly aggressive, I don't really know how to describe it... …see more I guess I like to venture into the dark side of youtube Hmm not all lyrics are very aggressive eg
Original post by Ciel.
Ok so one of the mods, for whatever reason binned my sadtrap thread. :colonhash: Here's what we've discussed so far :h:

[*] If you don't know what it is - google XXXTENTACION or LiL PEEP
Nobody I know in real life likes it. I wonder why.
I've been listening to it for a while but lately it seems kinda more popular? Like they have more views on youtube. Anyone else into it? Last edited by Ciel.; 1 Hour Ago at 09:20. 0

[*]

[*] Meany Pie

48 minutes ago

It is like bad imitation of Kid Cudi's first album. 0

[*] Ciel.

42 minutes ago

It is like bad imitation of Kid Cudi's first album. Idk maybe a little bit? Kinda more extreme though? And I'd say it's better, lol. 0

[*] squirrology

41 minutes ago

He's only become popular because he's gained support from so many artists like Drake he even did a mix to one of tentacion songs and there was this whole uproar about how Drake is unoriginal etc. Last edited by squirrology; 26 minutes ago at 10:15. Reason: Error 0

[*] Meany Pie

40 minutes ago

(Original post by Ciel.)
Idk maybe a little bit? Kinda more extreme though? And I'd say it's better, lol. More depressing and not as good.

[*]

[*] Ciel.

35 minutes ago

…see more Hey, it's a matter of taste! Ah I remember Hollywood Undead, I used to like them in high school, lol. I think sadtrap is more depressing though, idk 0

[*] Meany Pie

34 minutes ago

(Original post by Ciel.)
Hey, it's a matter of taste! Ah I remember Hollywood Undead, I used to like them in high school, lol. I think sadtrap is more depressing though, idk Bad taste. 0

[*] Ciel.

31 minutes ago

He's only become popular because he's gained support from so many artists like Drake he even did a remix to one of tentacion songs and there was this whole uproar about how Drake is unoriginal etc. …see more Oh is that why he's more popular now? Didn't even know that. But wow, that song has like 48m views now. I remember when I first discovered sad trap all songs would have like a few k at most. 0

[*] Ciel.

30 minutes ago

Bad taste. Nah, there's no such thing as bad taste in music. Unless it's Nicki Minaj or some other **** like that 1

[*]

[*] squirrology

18 minutes ago

(Original post by Ciel.)
Oh is that why he's more popular now? Didn't even know that. But wow, that song has like 48m views now. I remember when I first discovered sad trap all songs would have like a few k at most. …see more Yeah apparently one of Drakes songs called KMT sounds exactly like the song look at me hence the big uproar

Really???? Tbh I never heard of "sadtrap" until I heard "look at me" and I only discovered it because a youtuber used the instrumental as an outro and the drake situation, I liked the beat but the the lyrics are just..... different to what I usually listen to and incredibly aggressive, I don't really know how to describe it... 0

[*] Ciel.

9 minutes ago

Yeah apparently one of Drakes songs called KMT sounds exactly like the song look at me hence the big uproar

Really???? Tbh I never heard of "sadtrap" until I heard "look at me" and I only discovered it because a youtuber used the instrumental as an outro and the drake situation, I liked the beat but the the lyrics are just..... different to what I usually listen to and incredibly aggressive, I don't really know how to describe it... …see more I guess I like to venture into the dark side of youtube Hmm not all lyrics are very aggressive eg

I'm a fan of lil peeps work. They're different compared to other artists and the lyrics are so polished.
Reply 13
Original post by roronoa1zoro
I'm a fan of lil peeps work. They're different compared to other artists and the lyrics are so polished.

Ohh love him what's your favourite song?
Original post by Ciel.
Ohh love him what's your favourite song?

Let me bleed, what about you?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by roronoa1zoro
Let me bleed, what about you?

Hmm probably Your Eyes and The Way I see things.
@Ciel. - Original thread restored and moved to music following accidental deletion. :ahee:
Reply 17
Original post by AngryJellyfish
@Ciel. - Original thread restored and moved to music following accidental deletion. :ahee:

Ohh that's great, thanks! :biggrin:
Original post by Ciel.
I guess I like to venture into the dark side of youtube :h:Hmm not all lyrics are very aggressive eg

I just listened to "lund - mirror" and I'm suprised on how good it is, I may give the music genre "sadtrap" a chance after all :lol:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 19
lol Why did they remove this thread? there's literally nothing wrong with it...

Anyway I just listened to "lund - mirror" and I'm suprised on how good it is, I may give the music genre "sadtrap" a chance after all :lol:

They said it was accidental, and restored it now :smile:
Ohh happy to hear that! you may wanna check out the following youtube channels
.sad 悲しい
デーモンAstari
itami.

Quick Reply

Latest