The Student Room Group

Rose Bruford musicality workshop advice

Hi can anyone advise what the musicality workshop at Rose Bruford entails as part of recall please? Dilemma is sight reading best on classical guitar, but musicality best on piano by a long road. Thoughts? TIA
(edited 1 month ago)
While sight reading may be a component, the workshop may also focus on your ability to interpret and convey musical ideas effectively.
Reply 2
Original post by murphybridget
While sight reading may be a component, the workshop may also focus on your ability to interpret and convey musical ideas effectively.
Thank you, that is food for thought.
Reply 3
Hey! Have you had your audition yet? If so what was it like? Mine is tomorrow 😅
Reply 4
Not got it until Thursday 😬
Reply 5
Original post by Hayballz
Not got it until Thursday 😬

Ahhh good luck! I’ll let you know what mine is like :smile:
Reply 6
Brilliant thank you! Good luck 🍀
Reply 7
How did it go?🤞
Reply 8
How did it go?🤞

Hey!! It was good thanks! The musicality workshop is so chill - no sight treading! There’s a teensy but of improv so I’d choose the instrument you’re most comfortable on! I’m more of a pianist but I brought my mandolin anyway and just ended up playing that. We were given the option to swap around as there were too many pianists for keyboards but I stuck with mandolin! Good luck for yours!!
Reply 9
Original post by panbug
Hey!! It was good thanks! The musicality workshop is so chill - no sight treading! There’s a teensy but of improv so I’d choose the instrument you’re most comfortable on! I’m more of a pianist but I brought my mandolin anyway and just ended up playing that. We were given the option to swap around as there were too many pianists for keyboards but I stuck with mandolin! Good luck for yours!!

Sounds brilliant, fingers crossed for you.
Reply 10
Have you heard anything yet? I haven’t yet, not sure how long they take to reply. Did you ask by any chance?
Reply 11
David said it should be between 1 and 2 weeks :smile:
Reply 12
Oh ok thanks, think I’m a bit too keen 😂
Have you heard anything yet? I haven’t yet, not sure how long they take to reply. Did you ask by any chance?

Good things comes to those who waits.

Quick Reply

Latest