The Student Room Group

Cilex - Chartered Legal Executive.

I have currently got a BTEC Diploma and done 1 year of a 3 year course International Relations & Politics. It seems I will not be able to continue this degree for reasons beyond my control. I am just wondering if
* studying to be a legal executive is a good option?
* what other field can one work in with a CILEX chartered legal executive qualification?
* is CILEX chartered legal executive qualification on the same level as a university degree?
Reply 1
Yes it is! You can get pretty much any job yhat requirrs ANY degree e.g. librarian. S. Its apprenticezhip based so thats good if its your style.
Reply 2
CILEx Level 6 subjects are honours degree level. I'm training to be a legal executive and I have two exams left, which I'm hoping to take in January.

A Chartered Legal Executive is a qualified lawyer in their own right, but there are also a couple of ways you can cross-qualify as a Solicitor. You could also convert your CILEx qualification into a law degree by taking the GDL and you could then qualify as a barrister.
Reply 3
Just wanted to ask if A levels play a deciding factor on becoming a chartered legal executive

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending