The Student Room Group
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website

Accomodation for PhD Postgraduate

Hi everyone,

I am looking for any insight that can be provided by others on accomodation in Huddersfield. I am a PhD student starting in Sept 2017 and looking for somewhere to stay that is private and quiet. I have heard that most of the student accomodations like Aspley, Castings and Storthes are hangouts for undergraduates. I know what these kinds of places are like back home in Australia and I'm more interested in just a private room without sharing.

I have been looking at Kingsmill and Palace studios but can't be entirely sure if I want to live there specifically till I arrive in the UK around August. Can anyone provide some insight on good postgraduate accomodation? Doesn't have to be affiliated with the University at all.
Original post by jab93
Hi everyone,

I am looking for any insight that can be provided by others on accomodation in Huddersfield. I am a PhD student starting in Sept 2017 and looking for somewhere to stay that is private and quiet. I have heard that most of the student accomodations like Aspley, Castings and Storthes are hangouts for undergraduates. I know what these kinds of places are like back home in Australia and I'm more interested in just a private room without sharing.

I have been looking at Kingsmill and Palace studios but can't be entirely sure if I want to live there specifically till I arrive in the UK around August. Can anyone provide some insight on good postgraduate accomodation? Doesn't have to be affiliated with the University at all.

Hi,

It's great to hear you are considering Aspley House and Castings for your student accommodation. Both of these sites do have Studio rooms available which would provide you with the private room you desire. The En Suite rooms provide you with your own room and bathroom but you would share the kitchen and living space.

If you have any further questions about either of the sites please feel free to get in touch via the below addresses.

Castings - [email protected]
Aspley House - [email protected]

Kind Regards,

Darrel
Students at University of Huddersfield
University of Huddersfield
Huddersfield
Visit website
Original post by jab93
Hi everyone,

Hi @jab93

You can find out more about our preferred, recommended and approved accommodation provider, DIGS Student and other accommodation options here on our website:

https://www.hud.ac.uk/uni-life/accommodation/

The Students' Union offer advice on accommodation, if you would like to find out more please visit the Huddersfield Student Union’s website for details.

We hope this helps :smile:

Sarah - UoH
Original post by jab93
Hi everyone,

Hi was wondering what accommodation you chose in the end. I am in a similar situation. Looking for quiet accommodation for post grad. I am looking for 2018 so I am ahead of time but just thought I would look around in advance as really want accommodation that is relatively quiet !I am also from Australia!!!

I hope you have enjoyed the start of your phd!!

Cheers
xenia
Reply 4
I ended up contacting vanilla lettings. They are particularly student lets, so very helpful in finding somewhere that suited me. What will you be studying? If you need any help choosing or info on settling in let me know via pm.

Original post by xenniexen
Hi was wondering what accommodation you chose in the end. I am in a similar situation. Looking for quiet accommodation for post grad. I am looking for 2018 so I am ahead of time but just thought I would look around in advance as really want accommodation that is relatively quiet !I am also from Australia!!!

I hope you have enjoyed the start of your phd!!

Cheers
xenia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending