The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

after reading a few university prospectusus, i have found that many actually state in the general admissions procedure section, that:

'you are at no disadvantage if you do not declare your AS level grades on your usas form'

so im gonna go along with that and hope for the best.
Reply 21
lookintomyeyes
after reading a few university prospectusus, i have found that many actually state in the general admissions procedure section, that:

'you are at no disadvantage if you do not declare your AS level grades on your usas form'

so im gonna go along with that and hope for the best.

Perfect... now get revising for those retakes! :biggrin:
Reply 22
pghstochaj
I did read it, although I did skim a lot of the thread - your school sounds unusual, why would they do that? The admins tutors will have little to chose on.....

We didn't do exams in January of L6 either. I think they just don't want the hassle of having to decline grades so they can concentrate on helping the U6 people who need something to happen fast as they're going to uni. And if you did Maths A level you only did P1 and one applied module so hadn't actually done your AS.

And the UCAS form is quite long, so the admissions tutors have lots of other things to read. Just because you've done well (or not) at AS doesn't mean you'll do the same at A level. You could just be really good or bad at the AS topics, and when you study something slightly different that can change.
lookintomyeyes
does this apply to all universities? do certain universities not require AS level grades? i thought they went on AS levels. thats pretty cool, lol.

No unis require you to state your AS grades. I didn't :smile:
pghstochaj
Woh woh woh! I have to disagree with this advice. As an admins tutor, who will you look more favourably on? Somebody with 4As at AS on his/her UCAS form or somebody who didn't write them down?

All it makes the admins tutor think is that the person did badly and didn't write them down. I haven't in my experience heard of anybody with good grades not writing them down and can't understand the point behind not doing that.

Many schools go for the all or nothing approach to AS exams - they either cash in the whole year or they dont cash in any. Luckilymy school gave me the option.

Latest

Trending

Trending