The Student Room Group

Where can you find AQA gcse subject grade boundaries?

I want to see how far I was off certain grades but I can only find the grade boundaries for the papers rather than the boundaries for the overall marks
Reply 1
Have you checked to see if your school gave you this information with your results?

You can add up the UMS for each paper and work it out from there. The grade boundaries for modular qualifications are always the same (whether its for a unit or a whole qualification)
A* - 90% or more UMS
A - 80-89%UMS
B - 70-79% UMS
C - 60-69% UMS
etc
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Jsimons56
I want to see how far I was off certain grades but I can only find the grade boundaries for the papers rather than the boundaries for the overall marks

No exam board does boundaries for overall marks? If it's a modular GCSE (ie old style) you'll just receive UMS marks for each paper and then 90% UMS is A*, 80% UMS is A etc. I guess you could work out the overall mark you need by adding up all the papers, but this number would be deceptive, because it all depends how you get those marks eg. getting lots of marks on a hard paper and fewer on an easier one will result in a higher UMS and therefore grade than getting few marks on a hard paper and lots on an easier one.
Reply 3
Original post by Eulogy
No exam board does boundaries for overall marks? If it's a modular GCSE (ie old style) you'll just receive UMS marks for each paper and then 90% UMS is A*, 80% UMS is A etc. I guess you could work out the overall mark you need by adding up all the papers, but this number would be deceptive, because it all depends how you get those marks

It is very straight forward with UMS - you do just add up the unit UMS scores to find the total UMS and the usual grade boundaries apply. The relative difficulty of a paper has all been taken into account in the raw to UMS conversion for that paper..
Reply 4
Original post by Compost
It is very straight forward with UMS - you do just add up the unit UMS scores to find the total UMS and the usual grade boundaries apply. The relative difficulty of a paper has all been taken into account in the raw to UMS conversion for that paper..

I was under the impression that OP wanted a total raw for all papers conversion to a grade.
Reply 5
Original post by Eulogy
I was under the impression that OP wanted a total raw for all papers conversion to a grade.

That's not possible as the raw to UMS conversion varies at different marks.
Reply 6
Original post by Compost
That's not possible as the raw to UMS conversion varies at different marks.

Yes , I know, that's what I explained in my post.

Quick Reply

Latest