The Student Room Group

GCSE Results Day Countdown - 24th August 2023 TODAY - #BeResultsProud!

GCSE
Results Countdown 2023 - It's Here!

Results day is round the corner and TSR tradition means we have a countdown thread for everyone to get to know each other, talk about their hopes/fears and generally relax (as well as sharing advice and information before the big day)! :woo:

Introduce yourself; feel free to post:
- the subjects you have done
- the grades you are hoping for
- any plans for the day (24th August)

Vote in the poll above how you are feeling about the day! Goodluck everyone :grouphugs:

Scroll to see replies

:tsr: invites you to #BeResultsProud this year. Please share this hashtag all over social media. If you wish, tag The Student Room too (find the handles at the bottom of the page). Find out more about this campaign here.
(edited 8 months ago)
If you are wondering what your results might mean for future chances at universities, please click here.

Other threads to look at:
Post your GCSE Results thread
Didn't do as well as you hoped?
Retake and Remark information
Quoting in EVERYBODY who posted in the 2023 Year 11 Chat thread :woo:

(That's right, all 199 of you) :bl:

don't open me

Reply 4
I'm not in yr11, going to yr11 in September. But good luck everyone, hope u get the grade u need for ur future.
Good luck everyone, I’m sure your worries will prove to be unfounded.
I'm lokey so scared and like excited but also in denial like i think i did great but what if i didn't anyways...

I did ...
triple science (hoping for 9)
maths(hoping for 8)
french(hoping for 8)
economics (im not sure)
history( 7 or 8)
rs(8 or 9)
English lit(8)
English language(9)

But anyways i hope to get some freebies on that day but idk what u can get on that day

And i wish everyone best of luck:smile:
omggg im so nervous that i haven't got the grades... :sad:
Original post by ebube_est
I'm lokey so scared and like excited but also in denial like i think i did great but what if i didn't anyways...

I did ...
triple science (hoping for 9)
maths(hoping for 8)
french(hoping for 8)
economics (im not sure)
history( 7 or 8)
rs(8 or 9)
English lit(8)
English language(9)

But anyways i hope to get some freebies on that day but idk what u can get on that day

And i wish everyone best of luck:smile:

It’s absolutely normal to be feeling like that. :yep:

Those are excellent predictions. Wishing you all the best for your results.

Here is a link that lists what freebies or almost-freebies you can get:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7383178
Original post by taylor2317
omggg im so nervous that i haven't got the grades... :sad:

Think positive! Good luck for Results Day! :hugs:
Omg I’m scareddd! Hi I’m Catalina btw. The subjects I took were:
Further Maths (AQA)
English Language (Edexcel IGCSE)
English Literature (Edexcel IGCSE)
Biology (Edexcel IGCSE)
Chemistry (Edexcel IGCSE)
Physics (Edexcel IGCSE)
Geography (CIE)
DT (AQA)
Economics (Edexcel IGCSE)
CS (AQA)
I also have three more GCSEs which I have done in previous years. In those I got 999. I’m really hoping for all 9s in GCSE. Idk if I will get that but I obviously would still be happy with 1 or 2 8s. I’m predicted all 9s as well. For Geography my school does the old spec which goes from A* to G so in that one I really really want to get an A*. My Geography result comes out next week on Wednesday and the other ones come out on the 24th like most people’s GCSE results. I’m extremely nervous because I tried my hardest but I found some papers quite difficult. I’m not bothered about the marks so I don’t care if it is a high 9 or a low 9 for example because it is still the same grade. Good luck everyone!
I'm so nervous but honestly I can't really change what I did back in May and June so all I can do is hope for the best and learn to procrastinate less next year!
Reply 12
Wish you all the best and hope ur happy with what you get x!
I only did 1 gcse (extra) and I'm hoping for atleast an 8
Reply 13
Original post by 04MR17

GCSE
Results Countdown 2023 - It's Here!

Results day is round the corner and TSR tradition means we have a countdown thread for everyone to get to know each other, talk about their hopes/fears and generally relax (as well as sharing advice and information before the big day)! :woo:

Introduce yourself; feel free to post:
- the subjects you have done
- the grades you are hoping for
- any plans for the day (24th August)

Vote in the poll above how you are feeling about the day! Goodluck everyone :grouphugs:

good luck to everyone on results day! im just hoping to have passed everything haha!!
Reply 14
Hi, I'm Ella, finished my GCSEs in June and now I'm just waiting for the 24th Aug!
I'm feeling more impatient than nervous, as it's been over two months since exams so I just want to know how I did :h:

My predicted Grades are:

AQA Higher French: 9
AQA Art & Design: 8
AQA English Language: 9
AQA English Literature: 9
AQA Higher Combined Science: 9-8
AQA Religious Studies: 9
Edexcel Higher Maths: 8
Edexcel History: 9

I want to do French, History and Religious Studies at A - Level so I can do Law/Languages/Politics at Uni, so if I could get 9's in those three subjects I'd be really happy tbf

Best of luck to everybody, hope we all get the grades we want! :heart:
Hello all, I’m Danny, it’s coming to this point where I simply want to get my GCSE results as soon as possible, kind of like ripping of a band aid, all to get it over with without fussing about it.

My predicted’s are:

Combined Science Higher (6/6)
Maths Higher (6)
English Literature(7)
English Language(7)
French Foundation (5)
Computer Science(6)
History(6)
Geography(8)

I don’t mind if I don’t get extraordinarily high grades in my results, just decent enough grades that I’m able to do the A-levels I want and that I’m satisfied with the outcome.
I would like to do A-level Geography, A-level Environmental Science and A-level English Language/Literature

I hope everyone will get the results that they wanted, and remember, as long as you done the best you could during GCSE’s, it will be more than enough.
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by 5hyl33n
it’s absolutely normal to be feeling like that. :yep:

those are excellent predictions. Wishing you all the best for your results.

Here is a link that lists what freebies or almost-freebies you can get:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7383178

tysm for the list
Original post by 5hyl33n
Think positive! Good luck for Results Day! :hugs:

thanks! i'll try! :smile:
I'm so nervous about results day oml
Reply 19
I did:
English Language (CIE IGCSE)
English Literature (CIE IGCSE)
Mathematics (Edexcel IGCSE (higher))
Biology (Edexcel IGCSE)
Chemistry (Edexcel)
Physics (Edexcel IGCSE)
French (CIE IGCSE)
Computer Science (OCR IGCSE)
History (CIE IGCSE)
Latin (WJEC GCSE)

Hoping for at least a 7/A in all of them (which I should hopefully get as I'm predicted all 8s, 9s and A*s by both my teachers and MidYIS) but any higher would (of course) be amazing as well as useful as I'm hoping to study medicine at uni.

On the day I'm gonna open my results in the car on my own (cos I don't want to deal with anyone whilst I open it) then call my dad (cos he's away that week) and text my mum to come back, and then (presuming it's gone well enough that I don't want to just go home and cry) to a shopping center to get sushi and go shopping for last sixth form clothes and a lunch box (which I thought would be easier to fine but no luck so far).
Also anyone else just want to get them now so it's over and done with? (my friend disagrees wholeheartedly--she'd be happy to never see them).
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest