The Student Room Group

Should I get my test remarked ? GCSE

So I checked the grade boundaries for the 2023 GCSEs and on 3 subjects (physics, English lit and r.e ) I am 1 or 2 marks away from increasing my grade. I got a 7 in physics, a 7 in lit and a 6 in r.e. Should I take a risk and get it remarked? Keep in mind if there was a mistake my grade could increase or decrese.
If you’ve got money to burn, sure. But no uni will care, apart from maybe Oxford (or LSE, but they don’t care as long as it’s a grade 7 or above in the majority of subjects)

So there’s no real point.
Original post by fudgepop
So I checked the grade boundaries for the 2023 GCSEs and on 3 subjects (physics, English lit and r.e ) I am 1 or 2 marks away from increasing my grade. I got a 7 in physics, a 7 in lit and a 6 in r.e. Should I take a risk and get it remarked? Keep in mind if there was a mistake my grade could increase or decrese.

I assume that there's no time pressure here? You don't have a sixth form or college place dependent upon the outcome?

Then I'd suggest that you ask you school to use the Access to Scripts service which all exam boards provide (for free, unless it's CCEA). You can then go through you marked papers with your teachers to establish whether there are any "missed" marks there. Also (importantly) you can establish which papers those are on, so you don't need to send all the papers for a Review of Marking. (Doing so is costly, and could result in you gaining marks on one paper only to lose them again on another). Your marked exam papers will be immediately available on-line (unless your're with AQA, in which case you need to wait a week or more for them to arrived - they have no plans to change this; I asked them yesterday).

If you find any "missed" marks, you can then use the Review of Marking service in an attempt to get those marks back. It does cost though, so you need to decide whether it's worth it.

In terms of risk, is not zero - but it's close to zero. If you're 1 or 2 marks away from the boundary above, you're likely a long way from the boundary below.

Quick Reply

Latest