The Student Room Group

The Official 2019 Oxford Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

I’ve just come back from my interviews. I had 2 at Keble, and 1 at Corpus Christi. Will oxford only offer me a place at these 2 colleges or could I be taken in elsewhere as well (if I’ve even been good enough to get an offer).
Original post by georgew9828
I’ve just come back from my interviews. I had 2 at Keble, and 1 at Corpus Christi. Will oxford only offer me a place at these 2 colleges or could I be taken in elsewhere as well (if I’ve even been good enough to get an offer).

what subject?
Original post by Rohan77642
what subject?

Chemistry
Original post by georgew9828
Chemistry

To answer your question, you could be accepted into a completely different college, if Keble and corpus are oversubscribed.
So is it everyone finds out at some point on January 9th? And just waiting unitill then?
Original post by mathsOX
So is it everyone finds out at some point on January 9th? And just waiting unitill then?

I believe so... I think I heard someone say you get letters, perhaps @BrasenoseAdm can shed some light
I'm international so I did skype interview. My interviewer signed off with little patience...
It's over 30 min and they seem to be in a hurry to interview the next guy... Idk, couldn't see what the camera didn't cover lol.
Anyone has any idea? Should I expect a rej?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Sidney1461
I'm international so I did skype interview. My interviewer signed off with little patience...
It's over 30 min and they seem to be in a hurry to interview the next guy... Idk, couldn't see what the camera didn't cover lol.

You should expect the unexpected.
Original post by mathsOX

http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/applying-to-oxford/guide/decisions

Same situation exactly.
Hi. I applied for Chemistry at Somerville. I only had 2 interviews (all in Somerville). Is it natural to have only 2 interviews? Many of my friends who applied for Chemistry in the previous years had interviews in second colleges... Could anyone explain what happened. Please.
Original post by Jexxy0504
Hi. I applied for Chemistry at Somerville. I only had 2 interviews (all in Somerville). Is it natural to have only 2 interviews? Many of my friends who applied for Chemistry in the previous years had interviews in second colleges... Could anyone explain what happened. Please.

Dont worry, whatever happens, happens for good!
Original post by Jexxy0504

It means that only Somerville felt the need to interview you.. nothing more or less, remember many students each year end up in colleges they weren’t interviewed by.
Original post by saboor 123
Dont worry, whatever happens, happens for good!

Thanks..
Original post by Hjc2019
It means that only Somerville felt the need to interview you.. nothing more or less, remember many students each year end up in colleges they weren’t interviewed by.

Alright. I will try not to think about it. Thanks.

Original post by mohdk2001
Same situation exactly.

Anyone else? I did my questions fine though not perfect.....
I just don't understand....
Am I not good enough or were they really too busy to say proper goodbyes?
Interviews have now finished in Oxford (with the exception of Graduate-Entry-Medicine), and we hope that you have enjoyed your interviews experience if you've attended this year. We are just writing to give you some information about communication of decisions.

'Decision Day' is January 9th 2019. At some point in the morning on this day we are expecting that UCAS Track will update for shortlisted candidates to show the outcome of their application. We don't know exactly when this will be just yet, but you should receive an email notification saying that your Track has updated. In addition to this, college will send decisions by letter/email/both. These will not arrive before January 9th, although could arrive slightly later (particularly for those based overseas).

At Brasenose we are expecting to send hard copy decision letters on January 8th, to arrive on or slightly after January 9th, to all of our shortlisted candidates. Candidates based outside of the UK will also receive an email copy of their letter on January 9th. Letters are all sent in the same size envelopes (A4) and all at the same time. Other colleges may operate slightly differently, but the UCAS Track update applies to all colleges.

Note that, should you receive an offer from an alternative college to the one that invited you to stay with them for interview, you will certainly receive a letter/email from the college offering you a place, but you might not receive a letter/email from the college that invited you to interview. UCAS Track will also update as the campus code will change. Brasenose candidates in this situation (with the exception of those for Medicine) will receive letters from us as well as their offer college.

Also note that, should you be made an Open Offer, this will not be reflected in UCAS (since there is currently no facility within UCAS Track to show this). You will, however, be notified by the college that is 'underwriting' the Open Offer that this applies to you.

Finally, should you be successful, UCAS Track should provide a summary of your offer conditions. However you should still read the letter/email sent to you very carefully to ensure that a) the conditions in your letter/email are the same as those shown in UCAS; and b) that you understand the terms of the offer being made to you. The letter/email will also explain if you are being made an offer for an alternative course, or for an alternative year of entry (UCAS will also update in these circumstances). You have several months to decide whether or not to accept the offer made to you and so you will have time to ask questions if necessary.

More information on communication of decisions can be found here: http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/applying-to-oxford/guide/decisions.

Brasenose will be closing on Thursday 20th December and reopening on Wednesday 2nd January - we don't anticipate being able to respond to queries during this time. Other colleges are likely to have similar Christmas closure periods (although they may vary slightly).
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4217
Original post by BrasenoseAdm
Interviews have now finished in Oxford (with the exception of Graduate-Entry-Medicine), and we hope that you have enjoyed your interviews experience if you've attended this year. We are just writing to give you some information about communication of decisions.

'Decision Day' is January 9th 2019. At some point in the morning on this day we are expecting that UCAS Track will update for shortlisted candidates to show the outcome of their application. We don't know exactly when this will be just yet, but you should receive an email notification saying that your Track has updated. In addition to this, college will send decisions by letter/email/both. These will not arrive before January 9th, although could arrive slightly later (particularly for those based overseas).

At Brasenose we are expecting to send hard copy decision letters on January 8th, to arrive on or slightly after January 9th, to all of our shortlisted candidates. Candidates based outside of the UK will also receive an email copy of their letter on January 9th. Letters are all sent in the same size envelopes (A4) and all at the same time. Other colleges may operate slightly differently, but the UCAS Track update applies to all colleges.

Note that, should you receive an offer from an alternative college to the one that invited you to stay with them for interview, you will certainly receive a letter/email from the college offering you a place, but you might not receive a letter/email from the college that invited you to interview. UCAS Track will also update as the campus code will change. Brasenose candidates in this situation (with the exception of those for Medicine) will receive letters from us as well as their offer college.

Also note that, should you be made an Open Offer, this will not be reflected in UCAS (since there is currently no facility within UCAS Track to show this). You will, however, be notified by the college that is 'underwriting' the Open Offer that this applies to you.

Finally, should you be successful, UCAS Track should provide a summary of your offer conditions. However you should still read the letter/email sent to you very carefully to ensure that a) the conditions in your letter/email are the same as those shown in UCAS; and b) that you understand the terms of the offer being made to you. The letter/email will also explain if you are being made an offer for an alternative course, or for an alternative year of entry (UCAS will also update in these circumstances). You have several months to decide whether or not to accept the offer made to you and so you will have time to ask questions if necessary.

More information on communication of decisions can be found here: http://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/applying-to-oxford/guide/decisions.

Brasenose will be closing on Thursday 20th December and reopening on Wednesday 2nd January - we don't anticipate being able to respond to queries during this time. Other colleges are likely to have similar Christmas closure periods (although they may vary slightly).

Thank you so much! Really appreciated your updates! Happy Holidays!!!
Original post by Rohan77642
To answer your question, you could be accepted into a completely different college, if Keble and corpus are oversubscribed.

could this happen for a medicine applicant ? or can you only get decisions from the two colleges you were interviewed at ?
Original post by purpl3rain
could this happen for a medicine applicant ? or can you only get decisions from the two colleges you were interviewed at ?

Idk. I know one compsci applicant who had interviews at hertford, baliol, lmh and ended up at univ.
But dont know about medicine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending