The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

May not make interview due to gap year - what to do ??

Hi all,
I'm about to apply, and my fifth choice of university is between Leeds and Manchester. I'm leaning towards Manchester because though it is lower in the league tables the course fits my needs better. I do know that they interview for my course.

I am however currently on my gap year and I am leaving for six weeks on Oct 30. Obviously if I apply to Manchester they won't know when I'll be going away (they'd know I'm on a gap year) and they may give me an interview.

Does anyone know what happens if you can't make their proposed date for interview? Are you able to reschedule and do they do interviews after Christmas?

Although it it my fifth choice and I'd rather apply to Manchester, I don't want to apply there if I'm guaranteed not to progress just because I won't be able to make the interview.

Thaaaanks.
Original post by 221Breezeblocks
Hi all,
I'm about to apply, and my fifth choice of university is between Leeds and Manchester. I'm leaning towards Manchester because though it is lower in the league tables the course fits my needs better. I do know that they interview for my course.

I am however currently on my gap year and I am leaving for six weeks on Oct 30. Obviously if I apply to Manchester they won't know when I'll be going away (they'd know I'm on a gap year) and they may give me an interview.

Does anyone know what happens if you can't make their proposed date for interview? Are you able to reschedule and do they do interviews after Christmas?

Although it it my fifth choice and I'd rather apply to Manchester, I don't want to apply there if I'm guaranteed not to progress just because I won't be able to make the interview.

Thaaaanks.

Univeristies can sometimes be willing to offer alternative interview dates but not always, since the deadline is in january they should offer interviews after christmas anyway.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Tell your referee. Part of the information they fill in is "dates unavailable for interview"
Original post by 221Breezeblocks
Hi all,

Thaaaanks.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending