The Student Room Group

Official: Aston University A100 2023 Entry Applicant and Offer Holder thread

Welcome to the Aston University A100 2023 Entry Discussion.

Aston A100 2022 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7080374

For general information click: https://www2.aston.ac.uk/study/courses/medicine-mbchb

For entry requirements click: (as above)

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Would a score of 31.5 secure an interview. Home applicant.
Aston did their interviews really late in the year didn't they?
Original post by shubsy
Would a score of 31.5 secure an interview. Home applicant.
Aston did their interviews really late in the year didn't they?

Think the cutoff seemed to be about 32 last year :frown: Depends if you want to risk it.

They had a huge kerfuffle around scoring last year which may have pushed interviews back.
how do you calculate your score for aston please
Reply 4
Original post by Babyabz1
how do you calculate your score for aston please

Have a read through last year's thread - the best guess if listed numerous times
Reply 5
Original post by becausethenight
Think the cutoff seemed to be about 32 last year :frown: Depends if you want to risk it.

They had a huge kerfuffle around scoring last year which may have pushed interviews back

Do you think there will be another increase in number of people that will apply to Aston or medicine in general like the last 2 years?
Original post by shubsy
Do you think there will be another increase in number of people that will apply to Aston or medicine in general like the last 2 years?

I think we will hopefully start to see application numbers stagnate now as grades return to normal but I doubt we’ll be back to 2019 levels. I could also see Aston getting more applications s specifically as a ‘safe’ lower UCAT choice.

They had a huge kerfuffle around scoring last year which may have pushed interviews back.

I thought it was 29 and 27 for WP
Reply 8
Original post by Cherrygrape1234
I thought it was 29 and 27 for WP

That was for 2021 entry, the increased competition at higher UCAT unis and GCSE grade inflation pushed it up form that, and I think it was 32, or just shy of that, for non-WP. There were certainly people with 31 being rejected and 30.5 for WP
They are likely to be hit by the ridiculous GCSE grade inflation this year, and the fact that people with good-but-not amazing UCAT scores are being squeezed in where they can apply, and I wouldn't be surprised if it incresed again
Original post by GANFYD
That was for 2021 entry, the increased competition at higher UCAT unis and GCSE grade inflation pushed it up form that, and I think it was 32, or just shy of that, for non-WP. There were certainly people with 31 being rejected and 30.5 for WP
They are likely to be hit by the ridiculous GCSE grade inflation this year, and the fact that people with good-but-not amazing UCAT scores are being squeezed in where they can apply, and I wouldn't be surprised if it incresed again

Oh right,
I meet 1 criteria for WP (they said meeting just 1 counts) and i have a score of 31. Would it be safe applying here with that score?
Oh right,
I meet 1 criteria for WP (they said meeting just 1 counts) and i have a score of 31. Would it be safe applying here with that score?

Have a read through last year's thread and see where the cut offs were (and then let everyone on here know). I guess it depends what other options you have, how badly you want to go to Aston and how much risk you are prepared to take?
Original post by GANFYD
Have a read through last year's thread and see where the cut offs were (and then let everyone on here know). I guess it depends what other options you have, how badly you want to go to Aston and how much risk you are prepared to take?

Ok thank you i will have a look tomorrow :biggrin:
Does anyone know the Aston pre-interview cutoff for Non-WP and WP applicants last year, and is it likely to increase or decrease.

I looked on the 2022 post but couldn't find the cut-offs. It looked like they all got late replies from Aston in like April/May.
Original post by Sami Sami
Does anyone know the Aston pre-interview cutoff for Non-WP and WP applicants last year, and is it likely to increase or decrease.

I looked on the 2022 post but couldn't find the cut-offs. It looked like they all got late replies from Aston in like April/May.

Same i cant seem to find them either, i can only find the 2021 scores
Reply 14
31.5 was rejected last year for Non WP. Idk about WP. 32 was the cutoff
Original post by shubsy
31.5 was rejected last year for Non WP. Idk about WP. 32 was the cutoff

Where did you find this info?
Where did you find this info?

Scouring the thread, I imagine! Try using the search function for “31.5” or “cutoff”.
Just saw on 2022 offer holder thread someone got an interview with 31 non wp
Scouring the thread, I imagine! Try using the search function for “31.5” or “cutoff”.

I didnt know you could do that ty!
Just saw on 2022 offer holder thread someone got an interview with 31 non wp

Were they definitely not WP and calculating their score correctly, just to check? We were definitely seeing people with that getting rejected as well so I’d be cautious of basing an application on one person, but obviously would be delighted to hear the cutoff is actually lower!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending