The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel History Help!

How do you revise effectively in order to achieve those top-end marks - like a grade 9 - with Pearson's revision guide and workbooks for history(or the full copy of the textbooks, if needed...?!)? My next mock examination is based on Anglo-Saxon/Norman England and Superpower Relations/Cold War.
I'm doing history too and I think the best thing to do is just a bunch of exam questions so you can get familiar with the question structure and test what you know at the same time.
The best thing I'd do for history is learn how to properly structure the answers. At least 30% of the marks are for proper structure. Rest are for facts and application of knowledge/figures. Make sure to put specific numbers, such as dates and percentages in your answers. They don't have to be 100% accurate - just enough for your examiner to think so.
Reply 3
Hi I got a grade 8 in my history mock. It's not a grade 9 which in our school was 90%(only 1 person in year got) but I got 84% average across my Nazi Germany and Warfare through time paper. The solution is using flashcards by which I mean condensing the info by a significant amount. Include dates and some statistics and examiners like to see evidence to back up your points.
IMO grade 9 is extremely difficult because history is very competitive(a lot of people are good at it and dont need to cram whole books). 1/3 people in our year got 8s and the year average was like 70%.
Exam questions can work as long as you have knowledge on your side

Quick Reply

Latest