username3691874
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
How do you revise effectively in order to achieve those top-end marks - like a grade 9 - with Pearson's revision guide and workbooks for history(or the full copy of the textbooks, if needed...?!)? My next mock examination is based on Anglo-Saxon/Norman England and Superpower Relations/Cold War.
sanibonani
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm doing history too and I think the best thing to do is just a bunch of exam questions so you can get familiar with the question structure and test what you know at the same time.
username2356659
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The best thing I'd do for history is learn how to properly structure the answers. At least 30% of the marks are for proper structure. Rest are for facts and application of knowledge/figures. Make sure to put specific numbers, such as dates and percentages in your answers. They don't have to be 100% accurate - just enough for your examiner to think so.
xhyper22
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi I got a grade 8 in my history mock. It's not a grade 9 which in our school was 90%(only 1 person in year got) but I got 84% average across my Nazi Germany and Warfare through time paper. The solution is using flashcards by which I mean condensing the info by a significant amount. Include dates and some statistics and examiners like to see evidence to back up your points.
IMO grade 9 is extremely difficult because history is very competitive(a lot of people are good at it and dont need to cram whole books). 1/3 people in our year got 8s and the year average was like 70%.
Answer this
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Exam questions can work as long as you have knowledge on your side
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.52%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
17.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.07%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (78)
28.89%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.41%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise