The Student Room Group

Medicine

Hi,
I am currently studying chemistry, biology, maths and art at AS level. I am hoping to study medicine at university. I volunteer at my local hospital every week and I have done a week of work experience in a nursing home. I have a week in a hospital and two weeks at a GP surgery planned. Other than the UKCAT exam and reading medicine related books is there anything else I can be doing to boost my application? I am going on a trip to Ecuador this summer to help local people, so I can't fit any more work experience in before September.
Many thanks.
Original post by millie8937
Hi,
I am currently studying chemistry, biology, maths and art at AS level. I am hoping to study medicine at university. I volunteer at my local hospital every week and I have done a week of work experience in a nursing home. I have a week in a hospital and two weeks at a GP surgery planned. Other than the UKCAT exam and reading medicine related books is there anything else I can be doing to boost my application? I am going on a trip to Ecuador this summer to help local people, so I can't fit any more work experience in before September.
Many thanks.

Sounds fine. You just have t do well in all parts as well as choosing schools which play to your strengths. Don't forget to practice interviews. GL.
Reply 2
Sorry for the late reply. Thank you for your advice!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending