The Student Room Group

Cambridge Senior Physics Challenge Summer School 2018

Anyone else completing questions on Isaac Physics to hopefully get a place on this prestigious summer school?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yes indeed! How many questions have you done so far?
Keep in mind they track how many attempts her question you take so be careful and get more right the first time and you have a better chance.
Reply 3
Original post by black1blade
Keep in mind they track how many attempts her question you take so be careful and get more right the first time and you have a better chance.

Are you applying for it as well? And how did you discover this?
Original post by TH001
Are you applying for it as well? And how did you discover this?

I didn't go on it since I only started using it over the summer but I know someone who went on it and I believe that's what they told me.
Reply 5
Original post by black1blade
I didn't go on it since I only started using it over the summer but I know someone who went on it and I believe that's what they told me.

Ah fair enough, thanks for the advice!
I’ve completed about 100 questions, mostly level 3 and 4, and a few 5
Reply 7
Original post by JacobPowell
I’ve completed about 100 questions, mostly level 3 and 4, and a few 5

Fair not bad, anyone else at your school going for it? At my school we have around 6 people trying to get on it.
Original post by TH001
Fair not bad, anyone else at your school going for it? At my school we have around 6 people trying to get on it.

I’m the only one really - how many questions (and what level roughly) have you done?
Reply 9
I’m the only one really - how many questions (and what level roughly) have you done?

180 questions, 100 of which are lvl 1 and 2 so don’t really count, few level 5 and 6s, mostly 3s and 4s for the rest
Original post by TH001
180 questions, 100 of which are lvl 1 and 2 so don’t really count, few level 5 and 6s, mostly 3s and 4s for the rest

Do you find you always get the correct answer straight away for the harder questions? Sometimes it takes me a 2 or 3 attempts to get it correct if it’s particularly tricky.
Reply 11
Do you find you always get the correct answer straight away for the harder questions? Sometimes it takes me a 2 or 3 attempts to get it correct if it’s particularly tricky.

Ofcourse not, even the best can’t get it instantly, a few attempts is fine, especially if you are going for the level 5s or 6s, do you also have a daily streak?
Original post by TH001
Ofcourse not, even the best can’t get it instantly, a few attempts is fine, especially if you are going for the level 5s or 6s, do you also have a daily streak?

Yes, 17 days - you?
Reply 13
Yes, 17 days - you?

45 days
Original post by TH001
45 days

Ahh great - let’s hope we both get on :smile:
Reply 15
Ahh great - let’s hope we both get on :smile:

Yes I hope so
How’s it going? I’ve been concentrating on harder questions and have done about 20 L5/6 questions
Reply 17
How’s it going? I’ve been concentrating on harder questions and have done about 20 L5/6 questions

It’s going fine, haven’t been very active for the past week as I have had an operation a few days ago so I have been focused mostly on that. Hopefully soon I will be back and will be aiming for some higher level questions.
Original post by TH001
It’s going fine, haven’t been very active for the past week as I have had an operation a few days ago so I have been focused mostly on that. Hopefully soon I will be back and will be aiming for some higher level questions.

Hope you’re recovering well :smile:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 19
Hope your recovering well :smile:

Thanks man

Quick Reply

Latest