The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE100 - Significance

What is the significance of the LSE100 when it comes to grades relating to your degree? Hypothetically speaking, could you focus on your degree grades and let the LSE100 slip and it not affect your overall classification? Also - how much workload does LSE100 add?

Thanks!
If you're doing a quant subject, it feels like BS but if you're studying law/history etc. it's apparently really easy. If you want the distinction, there are alot of readings and you need to get lucky with your teacher (e.g. in my class everyone got 55 - 65 and in others they got 65 - 75). Also there is a group-work presentation and this is largely luck as well, my group refused to turn up to any meetings and in the final presentation they all but screwed it up.

All in all, it's the first line of your transcript so pretty much like everyone else, do the bare minimum readings and scrape a merit :smile:.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by ||Techie||
If you're doing a quant subject, it feels like BS but if you're studying law/history etc. it's apparently really easy. If you want the distinction, there are alot of readings and you need to get lucky with your teacher (e.g. in my class everyone got 55 - 65 and in others they got 65 - 75). Also there is a group-work presentation and this is largely luck as well, my group refused to turn up to any meetings and in the final presentation they all but screwed it up.

All in all, it's the first line of your transcript so pretty much like everyone else, do the bare minimum readings and scrape a merit :smile:.

how much does it contribute to overall degree classification?
None at all, its only relevance it its the first line of your transcript
Original post by mojosodope
how much does it contribute to overall degree classification?

Absolutely nothing, thats the main problem with it. No matter how interesting it can get, no one can be arsed to do the work when you could be spending the time on a module that actually counts

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending