The Student Room Group

Can I apply to Cambridge Part III MASt (Statistics) with MORSE from Warwick?

I am currently taking MORSE (bsc) from Warwick and I am looking to apply for a masters at Cambridge specifically the Mathematical Statistics pathway.

However, I do not take a straight mathematics degree and on the requirements it states: “first-class honours degree or equivalent in mathematics, physics, statistics or another subject with significant advanced mathematical content.”

I'm not quite sure what quantifies significant mathematical content but the MORSE course I am on right now is heavy in statistics but I am still not sure whether I am actually eligible for this course. I really have nothing to compare the sort of work I'm doing to and am really hoping to do this course.

There are a variety of different modules I can take third year which I believe may help in terms of my transcript but again, I'm not sure whether it has significant mathematical content.

If anyone could let me know if I will actually be considered or whether, seeing as I'm not taking straight maths, whether I'll just be rejected.
(edited 3 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending