The Student Room Group

Medicine gcs subjects

So im more likely going to go down the scientific route because its what I enjoy and its what I do best in and these are my gcse that I have chosen:
Chemistry
Biology
Physics
French
History
Buttt the problem is, is that I might change history to geography but I dont know if I should do that im really stuckk
There are no specific GCSE requirements for any university course with the exception of having maths and English above at C or better. Pick what you enjoy and focus on your A-Level choices when the time comes.
Your GCSE subjects are completely irrelevant for medicine, other than taking maths, english, and at least double science, and getting at least Cs or above in them. Some courses are actually phasing out subject requirements entirely (Cambridge said they were, not sure what the timeline on that is). Those are of course minimal requirements, and many will exceed those grades in those and other subjects - this is the important thing, getting the best grades possible. The individual subject choices aren't going to make a difference at the GCSE level (they may make a difference at A-level though).
Pick geography it’s so much better than history. You don’t have to remember any dates and other things. You only have to apply your own knowledge abd opinion, :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest