The Student Room Group

AQA Geography GCSE grade boundaries

My teacher has been using really harsh grade boundaries (in comparison to literally every other subject) all through the course and i don't understand why. I wouldn't say it was an easy subject so it doesn't really make sense that it would have grade boundaries. On my most recent mock i got 73% and apparently thats a 5 one mark off a 6. In any other subject that would be classed a 6 or 7 or even an 8 in some. Is she just trying to stress us out?
I think that teachers are using harsh grade boundaries to prepare us, as they really don't know. I think in my last mock I got a 7- with 75%. It really depends on how everyone else does so I'm just focusing on picking up as many marks as possible rather than the grades.
Original post by serpent666
I think that teachers are using harsh grade boundaries to prepare us, as they really don't know. I think in my last mock I got a 7- with 75%. It really depends on how everyone else does so I'm just focusing on picking up as many marks as possible rather than the grades.

Thats probably the best attitude to have since no one has any clue what the boundaries will be like. However its a bit difficult to gage how well youre doing without grades. Im doing well compared to my class but i dont know what grades they would have gotten otherwise
At my school its 65% for a 6, 75% for 7 and 85% for an 8
in my last mocks i got 77/88 and 66/88 and that was a 6a on avrage
grade boundaries are really high (I got the highest in the year)
Reply 5
In my January mock I got a level 8 with 79%. My teacher reckons that the grade boundaries will drop like a stone because there’s no coursework involved.

Quick Reply

Latest