The Student Room Group

The Easiest GCSE

What do you think the easiest GCSE subjects is? IGCSE options also. I think it is GCSE statistics, easy mathematics involved and it is data analysis and description.
sociology is pretty okay, content wise. but the exam is another story 😐
Original post by fivestarmichelin
sociology is pretty okay, content wise. but the exam is another story 😐

How so?
Original post by Vyshto Andeddu
How so?

sociology is an essay subject and you have 4 twelve markers in each paper, which is only 48% of total marks, and there are two papers. the time limits are quite harsh personally, like it's extremely difficult to get everything in that you want to talk about. i think i just scraped my answers in when i had my gcse less than a month ago. also the mark scheme can be a bit confusing. the content is okay though
what year are you in? have you already done your gcses?
sociology is an essay subject and you have 4 twelve markers in each paper, which is only 48% of total marks, and there are two papers. the time limits are quite harsh personally, like it's extremely difficult to get everything in that you want to talk about. i think i just scraped my answers in when i had my gcse less than a month ago. also the mark scheme can be a bit confusing. the content is okay though
what year are you in? have you already done your gcses?

I finished my Eng Lang GCSE early so I did my papers last year and got 3 marks from a grade 6 :frown:. But, I am doing the rest this year, I finished my GCSE Maths (H) and IGCSE Chem recently but, I have IGCSE Physics tomorrow and GCSE Astronomy on the 21st. After those two paper I'm finished and going onto A levels. What GCSEs are you doing/have done?
Reply 5
probably igcse maths
Original post by alexiia
probably igcse maths

How so?
Reply 7
How so?

I've just never really found maths hard to understand or apply, even in problem solving questions at the end of the paper. plus the grade boundaries are usually lower than other stem subjects so in my opinion its extremely easy to get a nine in.

but i actually hate english why is it so much harder even though we literally speak it
Original post by alexiia
I've just never really found maths hard to understand or apply, even in problem solving questions at the end of the paper. plus the grade boundaries are usually lower than other stem subjects so in my opinion its extremely easy to get a nine in.

but i actually hate english why is it so much harder even though we literally speak it

I get what you’re saying about the maths and English, in terms of the English, the examiners want to see our ability to analyse texts and images and then expand on those images. And the maths, well, it is a matter of practicing it again and again and again until the topics become second nature.
I finished my Eng Lang GCSE early so I did my papers last year and got 3 marks from a grade 6 :frown:. But, I am doing the rest this year, I finished my GCSE Maths (H) and IGCSE Chem recently but, I have IGCSE Physics tomorrow and GCSE Astronomy on the 21st. After those two paper I'm finished and going onto A levels. What GCSEs are you doing/have done?

damn, good luck!! I'm in year 11 right now and I'm nearly at the end - physics paper 2 and geography fieldwork today and further maths on wednesday.
I've done spanish, biology, chemistry, physics, maths, sociology, geography, further maths, english language and english literature, and I want to do biology, chemistry and psychology for A levels. how about you?
damn, good luck!! I'm in year 11 right now and I'm nearly at the end - physics paper 2 and geography fieldwork today and further maths on wednesday.
I've done spanish, biology, chemistry, physics, maths, sociology, geography, further maths, english language and english literature, and I want to do biology, chemistry and psychology for A levels. how about you?

I had tol leave school because of mental health reason and due to finance it couldn't do many GCSEs at home, so I did Astronomy, Chemistry, Eng Lang, Mathematics and Physics. But, I have a financial plan that'll allow me to do 4 A levels in Marine Science, Mathematics, Physics and Statistics.
Reply 11
geography defo. i did nor evision and got an 8, while i got like 6s in all my other subject. also imo french is easy, i got a 9, but i also do it at a level so idk
Original post by beefreya
geography defo. i did nor evision and got an 8, while i got like 6s in all my other subject. also imo french is easy, i got a 9, but i also do it at a level so idk

Language comes naturally to some people, I did really well in French before I had to leave. If you learn languages easily then you can learn programming really easily, something that is great for university applications and general life.
Reply 13
here are some easiest GCSE subjects. honestly I feel like there are many options and some of them might be really interesting. I personally would really enjoy film studies or media studies
Reply 14
It depends for me the easiest gcse was the islamic studies IGCCSE and I found it really easy
(edited 9 months ago)
spanish is so easy to this day i still don't understand how people are doing foundation :s-smilie:
Reply 16
What do you think the easiest GCSE subjects is? IGCSE options also. I think it is GCSE statistics, easy mathematics involved and it is data analysis and description.

Gcse French but only the Writing paper. The listening is solid.
I just did my mocks a few weeks ago and I'm doing higher aqa French, out of the I think 1hr 15 we had I finished the paper within 30mins if that. Just got my results and I got 52/60, a grade 9.

The writing paper is in my opinion thr easiest paper you will do, and the least stressful. In terms of French, the easiest is writing, then speaking, reading and then the hardest listening.

Quick Reply

Latest