The Student Room Group

I hate reading/writting in English!!!!............

ok, i've been to the UK for almost 5 years now, i still hate reading books etc in English and my spelling is still ****e as u can see right now , because it's so tried and watse of my time, esspically due to i stuady Economics, even when i reading in Chinese Economics text book i will find it difficult, in English...? i need to think twice and to make sure........

anyway i really enjoy talking in English to other people:p:

can anyone help me??
Reply 1
Study in a chinese university?
Reply 2
kastro9
Study in a chinese university?

perfect..................:biggrin:
Well, just get used to it? Afterall, no one has forced you to study in English (that's what I presume anyway, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong).
Reply 4
Post on TSR more and you'll really improve.
You can do this: Read small articles online, daily or every 2 days, for a few months. Then as you'll be more used to it you can read, daily or every 2 days, full news articles instead of short ones. Hopefully you'll start to enjoy and/or find it easier to read English. This way you get to read the news and improve your English reading skills, both at the same time.
to the OP: have you tried using a textbook which teaches english? many of them have chapters on spelling and so on. you can get them on cds as well and do some fun exercises to improve your spelling.
Reply 7
Be thankful you aren't, then.
However, he does (or did at least) ask for help- so maybe he truly wants to improve, though feeling frustrated at the same time? :smile:
[removed quote]

He never came here badmouthing English. In actual fact, if you bothered to read it, he said that he disliked reading English, not that he disliked the language; he dislikes the difficulties he has with it, not the language itself.

I'd love to see you try and learn Chinese.
Reply 10
It must be difficult for you at the moment, but it'll get easier with time - honestly. Just talk to as many English friends as you can, post on forums such as these, read/write lots, and it'll become easier and more fluent. Chances are you'll find you can get more help once at university as well, because there will undoubtedly be a large number of students like yourself who are international students coming from across the globe. If anything, you'll be at an advantage compared to them having been here for five years.
Reply 11
StarDust*
It must be difficult for you at the moment, but it'll get easier with time - honestly. Just talk to as many English friends as you can, post on forums such as these, read/write lots, and it'll become easier and more fluent. Chances are you'll find you can get more help once at university as well, because there will undoubtedly be a large number of students like yourself who are international students coming from across the globe. If anything, you'll be at an advantage compared to them having been here for five years.

thank you!:smile:

i've no problem with talking, i really enjoy it, it's not i like/dislike English, the point it's that i really think that writting/reading and listening/speaking are very very different!
I feel for you pal, I hate reading stuff in chinese. That's why I don't.

Latest

Trending

Trending