The Student Room Group

gsce advice

at my school you have to do history or geography i am good at both and don’t really have a favourite

how should i pick..?
Reply 1
Hiya,
I did geography for GCSE and I think your best choice if you like them both equally is to think about essay writing skills. History is majority essay writting, so if you feel confident at that then history is a good option. However if you are not so confident (like me) at essay writing then geography has (in my exam board) at the most 9 markers. I can't speek for history however I very much enjoyed geography, it is lots of remembering facts and case studies but for the most part I found it interesting.
Hope this helps!
Reply 2
Original post by erinmae07
Hiya,
I did geography for GCSE and I think your best choice if you like them both equally is to think about essay writing skills. History is majority essay writting, so if you feel confident at that then history is a good option. However if you are not so confident (like me) at essay writing then geography has (in my exam board) at the most 9 markers. I can't speek for history however I very much enjoyed geography, it is lots of remembering facts and case studies but for the most part I found it interesting.
Hope this helps!

thanks for your reply i’ll take this into consideration when picking

Quick Reply

Latest