The Student Room Group

Last minute medicine work experience

Hi! I am really struggling to find any work experience placement in hospitals. I have emailed so many, but none are able to take me as they are occupied this summer. Does anyone have any suggestions, or know any doctors that could offer me a placement!
I'm really desperate so please please please help!!
Reply 1
Original post by Hannahouaz
Hi! I am really struggling to find any work experience placement in hospitals. I have emailed so many, but none are able to take me as they are occupied this summer. Does anyone have any suggestions, or know any doctors that could offer me a placement!
I'm really desperate so please please please help!!

Perhaps look into volunteering instead. I'm sure the medical school will understand that you weren't able to find work experience and volunteering can be very insightful as well.
Do you have a Nuffield, Spire or any other sort of private hospital or clinic near you? I was having difficulty finding work experience in local GP practices and hospitals, so one day I walked to my local Nuffield Hospital, went up to the reception desk, and directly asked whether they took on people for work experience. I ended up spending nearly a month there in various departments.

Quick Reply

Latest