The Student Room Group

EXAMS

I don't know what's wrong with me tbh, When I make notes I get so stressed and have strong anxiety even if my exam is like 14 months away! But when I start revising I am calm I don't know what's wrong with me? Does anyone experience this and how to stop it
What kind of stress is it? I know when im learning something new or complex i get stressed in the sense of " this is too much, i cant handle it"and end up stopping for a while and going back to it later
Reply 2
The kind of stress this it is pressure I'm scared I will be unsuccessful in my life, so I tend to overwork myself.. Any advice?
Baby steps. Your trying to climb a mountain in a day,relax and slow down. Don't worry you have your entire life ahead of you
Reply 4
So do you think the reason why I have this anxiety and stress is because I'm trying to do too much in a day when I'm supposed to break it down?
Original post by rockyball89
So do you think the reason why I have this anxiety and stress is because I'm trying to do too much in a day when I'm supposed to break it down?

That's certainly possible, since the idea of your mind going straight from reading/learning the content from the first time to thinking about the exams sounds incredibly stressful. Revision is best when it's an incremental process, little and often, rather than cramming and preparing everything desperately
It sounds to me like your trying to eat the entire cake before you've swallowed the first bite
Original post by Dardarus86
It sounds to me like your trying to eat the entire cake before you've swallowed the first bite

love this metaphor, thank you for that

and you have, as you've stated, many months to your exams (10 not 14 if you're in y10). just take it slow and revise/make notes or whatever you do a little bit at a time and over time you will know it inside out :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest