The Student Room Group

Special considerations due to death of my aunt.

My aunt has had a very severe brain tumor for more than a year now, lately she's been deteriorating and it seems like she might pass away soon.
I will be taking three external exams in January (International A levels from Edexcel), and I'm worried the dates might coincide.
I live abroad so I'll have to fly away for at least a few days when we go to her funeral, and if that's the case then I might miss some of my exams.
Does anyone know what the exam board has to say about this? I'm only sitting some of my exams (one is a resit of my AS, the other two are the first units in this year's physics and maths), so I won't be able to get a predicted mark from other exams I'll be sitting.
Will I have to take the exams in June? If that's the case, do you think they might refund the money I paid for the exams? I tried looking for explanations online but didn't really find anything useful.
Thank you very much for your help
Reply 1
In the past, for modular A levels, they have typical required candidates to take the missed exams in a later examination session. The exception to that was in an exam period where the candidates was completing the final unit exams for their A level and where special consideration might be applied. You are likely to lose the exam fees for a last minute cancellation and have to pay again for May/June exams, your exam centre might mot charge you their full candidate fee but that would be a matter to discuss with them.
Reply 2
Talk to your school - they will have all the relevant information.

Quick Reply

Latest