Ive had no offers and its been nearly 2 weeks, getting worried :s

Where did you apply?
Original post by Nvxox
Where did you apply?

Ucl warwick nottingham birmingham and kings hbu
Reply 62
Original post by sodonewithgcses
Ucl warwick nottingham birmingham and kings hbu

Loughborough Birmingham Southampton surrey and Portsmouth, I’ve not seen anyone get an offer for bham yet tho
Reply 63
Original post by Ghost_0
Caius you?

Sidney Sussex
Just received an offer from Warwick!
Reply 65
Original post by cri2001cri
Just received an offer from Warwick!

Congratulations. When did you apply??
Original post by Ghost_0
Was it for straight economics??? Havent heard anyone say Warwick have started giving offers out for economics yet. Congrats regardless.

It was for economics and industrial organisation. I have seen people getting offers for straight econ on the TSR tho. Good luck
Reply 67
Original post by Shiv7
Economics
Predicted: 4A* (Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Physics)
Cambridge
Warwick
UCL - Offer (A*AA)
Durham
LSE

You got your UCL offer before Warwick? Mine came the other way round. Maybe it’s because I’m applying with actual instead of predicted.
Reply 68
Original post by auhsoj
You got your UCL offer before Warwick? Mine came the other way round. Maybe it’s because I’m applying with actual instead of predicted.

I'm getting worried about Durham and Warwick, loads of people seem to have got offers before me. I prefer UCL out of the 3 so it's not too bad but still lol.
Reply 69
Original post by Shiv7
I'm getting worried about Durham and Warwick, loads of people seem to have got offers before me. I prefer UCL out of the 3 so it's not too bad but still lol.

You applied for pure economics at UCL too I presume? Yea it’s a little weird. For me I’ve gotten offers from Warwick and Manchester, but have yet to hear from UCL, LSE. I applied to Trinity at Cambridge, I read that it’s not supposed to be more ‘competitive’ there but the forum is like 50/50 on this so... fingers crossed
Reply 70
Original post by auhsoj
You applied for pure economics at UCL too I presume? Yea it’s a little weird. For me I’ve gotten offers from Warwick and Manchester, but have yet to hear from UCL, LSE. I applied to Trinity at Cambridge, I read that it’s not supposed to be more ‘competitive’ there but the forum is like 50/50 on this so... fingers crossed

If you mean the general Cambridge atmosphere, then Trinity is probably the most intensive college, maybe second only to St John's. In terms of competitiveness to getting in, all colleges are the same.
Reply 71
Original post by Shiv7
If you mean the general Cambridge atmosphere, then Trinity is probably the most intensive college, maybe second only to St John's. In terms of competitiveness to getting in, all colleges are the same.

I was referring to getting in. But with regards to the competitive atmosphere, I like that it is! I feel like I learn better/ thrive in an environment like that, but honestly I’m not picky. The privilege at studying in Cambridge would be more than enough heh.
Reply 72
University choices: Cambridge, LSE, Ucl, Warwick, Durham
What subject(s) are currently studying?: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Economics
Predicted A2 grades: A*A*A*A*
AS grades: (Internal)
GCSE grades: 9A*s 1A
Why Economics?: Why not :smile:
Tell us an interesting fact about yourself:
Reply 73
University choices: Warwick, UCL, Durham, Bath (Offer 05/11) and LSE
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 74
(Original post by Snufkin)Hi all, introduce yourself and tell us where you're applying!
University choices: Cambridge, LSE, UCL, St Andrews, Edinburgh (received unconditional offer)
What subject(s) are currently studying?: Maths , Further Maths, Physics, Economics
Predicted A2 grades: A*A*A*A*, Distinction Grade - Mini MBA (already achieved)
US SAT: - 800/800 (applying to US also)
GCSE grades: 12 A*/A
Why Economics?: Its always relevant and global....
Tell us an interesting fact about yourself: State Level tennis player, Robotics and Maths Olympic National Gold Medals, Founded a refugee crisis charity, DOE Gold, Silver and Bronze.
(edited 5 years ago)
Help! Which one would you say is better for career prospects?

Bsc Economics from King’s
or
BA in Economics and Business with Eastern European Studies from UCL?

I’m interested in studying Eastern Europe but idk how it will be looked on by employers

Thanks
Reply 76
im undecided between engineering and economics. can anyone advise anything?
I am preatty good at maths.
Subjects: Maths, F math and physics
predicted: A*A*A

any suggestion?
Reply 77
Original post by j.1.2

any suggestion?

Engineering. there will be far more opportunities for you career wise.
And your alevel choices and predicitions will allow you to excel in engineering
Reply 78
Original post by j.1.2

any suggestion?

I’d say it boils down to personal preference. I had the opportunity to do an engineering module in a university and I hated it. Granted it was EEE, but I also had an exposure competition to Chemical Eng, hated it too. After reading more I realised I have a knack for behavioural sciences, but being a person balanced in both linguistics and mathematics I think undergraduate economics suits me best. Maybe reading a little deeper into both, with sufficient breadth, will help you decide?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 79
Original post by auhsoj
I’d say it boils down to personal preference. I had the opportunity to do an engineering module in university and I hated it. Granted it was EEE, but I also had an exposure competition to Chemical Eng, hated it too. After reading more I realised I have a knack for behavioural sciences, but being a person balanced in both linguistics and mathematics I think undergraduate economics suits me best. Maybe reading a little deeper into both, with sufficient breadth, will help you decide?

Original post by jg12343
Engineering. there will be far more opportunities for you career wise.
And your alevel choices and predicitions will allow you to excel in engineering

cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending