The Student Room Group

Maths notes?

I’ve just started a level maths, and I’m not sure whether to write notes yet or even at all, because I’ve heard people say that past papers are everything. I’ve only had 1 lesson of pure and 1 lesson of mechanics so is it worth waiting?
Personally, I make notes using a few revision sources and then learn the notes before doing past paper questions. If you haven't visited a topic in a while, I find notes to be very useful in refreshing my memory. (I got an A at AS Maths):smile:
Original post by Grade A
Personally, I make notes using a few revision sources and then learn the notes before doing past paper questions. If you haven't visited a topic in a while, I find notes to be very useful in refreshing my memory. (I got an A at AS Maths):smile:

Ah congrats, do you think as well as making notes of the concepts, I should put down a few worked examples so i know what i’m doing?
Original post by d0nkey_dude
Ah congrats, do you think as well as making notes of the concepts, I should put down a few worked examples so i know what i’m doing?
Yes definitely. My notes are mostly worked examples which vary in levels of difficulty. Physics&Maths tutor have past paper questions of each topic organised together, so this will be good practice.

Quick Reply

Latest