The Student Room Group

How fast are economics lectures at uni?

Are they fast-paced or slow, and should I use a laptop or paper when taking notes?
Reply 1
Firstly this is my personal opinion. Secondly I am doing computer science soo not sure how this going to apply to you. I can’t comment on the pace of the economic lectures but I find it engaging when I take notes by hand but some of my friends say they prefer to use a laptop. My advice is try both and use whatever you find best suitable for you.
Original post by IrrelevantTaste
Are they fast-paced or slow, and should I use a laptop or paper when taking notes?

It's worth recognising that most lectures are recorded nowadays, so most make notes off the recordings because they can rewind and rewatch things they don't understand first time around.

But it also depends on the type of lecture given. There's quite a lot of maths in economics, so I often found that the lecture slides & recordings didn't include the maths done on the whiteboards in class, so everyone made handwritten notes of the maths during the lectures. Then they formally wrote up their notes afterwards using the lecture recordings and the maths notes they made during the lectures. It's also a pain to write maths notes on a laptop so many do handwritten maths notes or use a tablet and the tablet's pen (esp international students).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending