The Student Room Group

Should I drop Geography and swap it with Triple Science?

Hiya,

I need advice on what I should do, should I drop geography and swap it for triple science? If I stick with Combined (Double) then, I won't be able to go on in sixth form to study any sort of science. But all of my siblings are saying it's really difficult. I really don't know what to do! Can anyone help?

Robbie
Original post by robbiek996
Hiya,

I need advice on what I should do, should I drop geography and swap it for triple science? If I stick with Combined (Double) then, I won't be able to go on in sixth form to study any sort of science. But all of my siblings are saying it's really difficult. I really don't know what to do! Can anyone help?

Robbie

Do you have any ideas for what you want to do in sixth form?

Are you still able to switch to triple science at this stage or is it too late?
I did triple and honestly, yes some parts were difficult but it really is manageable if you stay on top of it. If you're considering an A Level in maths I would really urge you to do triple because it helps so much- I'm doing chem and bio A Level and a lot is based on GCSE triple knowledge, and those who did combined in my classes do struggle a bit more. That being said, you should go with gut feeling. Do you like geography? Are you planning something in the future for which it may be useful?
Original post by robbiek996
Hiya,

Robbie

Triple science has a lot more workload than combined sciences (and is a lot harder). However, I've found that some sixth forms take people who have done combined sciences on to futher study sciences. So it depends on what you prefer to do.
Reply 4
Original post by cheesecakelove
Do you have any ideas for what you want to do in sixth form?

Are you still able to switch to triple science at this stage or is it too late?

Hi,

I mean, I'm only in the first stages of the whole GCSE course. But I have some idea, I would rather do Biology than geography. It's not to late to change.

Thanks
Reply 5
Original post by pizzapancakes26
I did triple and honestly, yes some parts were difficult but it really is manageable if you stay on top of it. If you're considering an A Level in maths I would really urge you to do triple because it helps so much- I'm doing chem and bio A Level and a lot is based on GCSE triple knowledge, and those who did combined in my classes do struggle a bit more. That being said, you should go with gut feeling. Do you like geography? Are you planning something in the future for which it may be useful?

I enjoy geography lessons and I kind of could see myself doing Biology in Sixth form. It's just such a difficult desicion. I love both as much as each other, I just think Triple Science could take me further in life.
Triple science is easy , way to overrated , i would drop geography for it
Reply 7
Original post by firerypheonix
Triple science has a lot more workload than combined sciences (and is a lot harder). However, I've found that some sixth forms take people who have done combined sciences on to futher study sciences. So it depends on what you prefer to do.

I like them both as much as each other, I just think triple science could take me further in life.
Reply 8

Hi, im interested in the part where you said that triple science helps with alevel maths, im having a similar diplema of wether to do triple science since im definitely doing an alevel in maths, how much does it help and how does it tie in? Im hoping to do electrical/software engineering or any kind of engineering
Original post by Samidb
Hi, im interested in the part where you said that triple science helps with alevel maths, im having a similar diplema of wether to do triple science since im definitely doing an alevel in maths, how much does it help and how does it tie in? Im hoping to do electrical/software engineering or any kind of engineering

Hey, sorry I appear to have made a mistake- I meant to say if you are considering an A Level in the sciences. I don't do A Level maths, thus I'm not sure whether it would have any impact. However, if you want to do any kind of engineering, a science A Level is almost crucial. Triple will help you in any A Level science, and I honestly would not worry about the difficulty of triple- it just has extra things thrown in which really do make sense, but those things are developed upon during A Level so if you have a base knowledge it puts you in a much better position.

Like I said, there is a girl in my A Level chemistry class who is doing all 3 sciences at A Level, having done combined at GCSE.
Reply 10
Hey, sorry I appear to have made a mistake- I meant to say if you are considering an A Level in the sciences. I don't do A Level maths, thus I'm not sure whether it would have any impact. However, if you want to do any kind of engineering, a science A Level is almost crucial. Triple will help you in any A Level science, and I honestly would not worry about the difficulty of triple- it just has extra things thrown in which really do make sense, but those things are developed upon during A Level so if you have a base knowledge it puts you in a much better position.

Like I said, there is a girl in my A Level chemistry class who is doing all 3 sciences at A Level, having done combined at GCSE.

Ok thanks

Quick Reply

Latest