The Student Room Group

Advice on GCSE options??

I'm in need of help over which GCSEs to choose, since I'm in year 9 and we have to choose later this month - it's really important to me to make the right descisions, since I overthink everything :')

This is basically what I need help deciding, absolutely any advice would help:
- So I know I'm going to take triple science, since it's pretty much expected of me
- I'm conflicted over whether to take Spanish or German, I prefer spanish as a language, but I prefer german culture
- I'm really into the creative side of things, but I've always seen myself as more academic and now I feel really conflicted over which path to take; I'm fairly certain I'm going to take Textiles and Music, but I've got one more space, and I've got to choose between DT, History and Geography. I originally felt it was important to take one of the humanities, but there's no obligation. Look, I'm just confused over which to take TT

I'd appreciate anything, also experience of coursework heavy subjects as supposed to exam-based ones
Thanks!
Original post by Cansada
I'm in need of help over which GCSEs to choose, since I'm in year 9 and we have to choose later this month - it's really important to me to make the right descisions, since I overthink everything :')

This is basically what I need help deciding, absolutely any advice would help:
- So I know I'm going to take triple science, since it's pretty much expected of me
- I'm conflicted over whether to take Spanish or German, I prefer spanish as a language, but I prefer german culture
- I'm really into the creative side of things, but I've always seen myself as more academic and now I feel really conflicted over which path to take; I'm fairly certain I'm going to take Textiles and Music, but I've got one more space, and I've got to choose between DT, History and Geography. I originally felt it was important to take one of the humanities, but there's no obligation. Look, I'm just confused over which to take TT

I'd appreciate anything, also experience of coursework heavy subjects as supposed to exam-based ones
Thanks!

I would say pick Spanish, as you prefer it as a language because you spend much longer learning about the language than the culture. I did both German and Spanish, but ended up dropping Spanish because I wasn't very good at it. I also did Music and Geography. For music, over half of it is coursework so I would probably pick something that does not have coursework especially as you want to do textiles as well. I would pick geography and history and the one of those you enjoy more.

Quick Reply

Latest