The Student Room Group

Gcse edexcel combine science practical

So ,basically I am doing gcse edexcel combine science (9-1) as a private student .I take tuition 2 hours a week .But they said they don't do the practical .can anyone tell me where can I do the practical ?
Reply 1
Whilst you are expected to undertake practicals as part of the course, they do not form part of the final grade, so you could get by by just learning the content and what you have to do for practicals.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Compost
Whilst you are expected to undertake practicals as part of the course, they do noit form part of the final grade, so you could get by by just learning the content and what you have to do for practicals.

🤔 my tutor says that its compulsory and I must take it because without it I can't get the final grade !
Reply 3
When you are entered for the exams nothing is reported on about your having undertaken the practicals but the entering exam centre has to be prepared to sign this form https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/GCSE/Science/2016/forms-and-administration/GCSE-9-1-Biology-Chemistry-Physics-Combined-Science-Practical-Science-Declaration.pdf
Original post by Compost
When you are entered for the exams nothing is reported on about your having undertaken the practicals but the entering exam centre has to be prepared to sign this form https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/GCSE/Science/2016/forms-and-administration/GCSE-9-1-Biology-Chemistry-Physics-Combined-Science-Practical-Science-Declaration.pdf

Ok thanks but the center where I will give my exams say that they don't have any responsibility for my practical what should I do then ???????
Reply 5
They may not want to have any responsibility but they have to sign that form with that undertaking. That is the only evidence required or anyone that you have undertaken the practicals.
Original post by Compost
They may not want to have any responsibility but they have to sign that form with that undertaking. That is the only evidence required or anyone that you have undertaken the practicals.

Ok thanks so much I will discuss with them this week so will see what happens

Quick Reply

Latest