The Student Room Group

cognito for science

hi i do gcse combined science edexcel. if i purely use cognito for the content+ only use seneca to revise the core practicals and then do exam questions will i be set to get a good grade?
Original post by ku2006
hi i do gcse combined science edexcel. if i purely use cognito for the content+ only use seneca to revise the core practicals and then do exam questions will i be set to get a good grade?

Ok so i dont really like cognito but a lot of people do,
Seneca, on the other hand, I LOVE and loads of people use it specifically for science. Its great for memorisation. You definitely will get a grade 9 if you do seneca and exam questions because thats memorisation then application to those questions
Reply 2
Original post by nareony
Ok so i dont really like cognito but a lot of people do,
Seneca, on the other hand, I LOVE and loads of people use it specifically for science. Its great for memorisation. You definitely will get a grade 9 if you do seneca and exam questions because thats memorisation then application to those questions

okay thanks so much! is there a particular reason why you don't like cognito, are the videos not as useful? because if cognito isn't too great i'll purely use seneca.
Original post by ku2006
okay thanks so much! is there a particular reason why you don't like cognito, are the videos not as useful? because if cognito isn't too great i'll purely use seneca.

Noo cognitos really good too and their videos but since I started using seneca i dont want to switch to cognito, id say cognitos explanation videos are definitely better than seneca because in seneca they dont use any visual explanations. But if in doubt, just use freesciencelessons on youtube, he is the best .
keep using cognito if you like it - both are almost the same style.
Original post by ku2006

Heya!
if you are looking for some additional resources then do check out Study mind for free science resources from past papers or revision notes all done by topic to help you with your preparations :smile:

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Reply 5
Original post by StudyMind
Heya!
if you are looking for some additional resources then do check out Study mind for free science resources from past papers or revision notes all done by topic to help you with your preparations :smile:

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE

Study Mind

okay thank you so much! :smile:
Original post by ku2006

Well cognito is good for overall knowledge however they are tailored to all exam boards. This means that yeah you got 89.99% of the info but they might miss your spec sometime or go beyond it ~(especially cus edexcel is less common). Thats why you should keep your spec up while watchin their vids to mark what you dont need to know or what theyre missing so you can go find cover it yourself. In general use them as a way to understand concepts in general, and then consult the spec. Also if specification-specific stuff is what your looking for i have edexcel comb sci notes that go into HELLLA detail everythin you need to know basically practicals and all

Quick Reply

Latest