The Student Room Group

GCSE advice for all 9s

Hello.I would like to achieve all 9s in my gcses.Can someone please tell me how they revised to get all 9s and please mention any useful resources/websites?
I am doing:
Edexcel maths higher
Edexcel combined science
AQA English lang and lit
AQA geography
AQA Spanish
(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 1
First you need to do the syllabus thoroughly for all these subjects including end of chapter questions.
Then you do the past papers for which you can consult various website then fix your mistakes in the past papers
Original post by minz1
Hello.I would like to achieve all 9s in my gcses.Can someone please tell me how they revised to get all 9s and please mention any useful resources/websites?
I am doing:
Edexcel maths higher
Edexcel combined science
AQA English lang and lit
AQA geography
AQA Spanish

Here are some good resources, apart from the basic past papers and using your specification (although those are the most essential resources):

Maths:

Exam Q

Maths Genie

GCSE Maths Tutor

Corbett maths

MME revise

Combined science:

Freesciencelessons

Save my exams

PMT

MME revise

English lang + lit:

Glow up your grades (youtube channel)

PMT

BBC Bitesize

Geography:

There are some youtube channels like Mr B

Save my exams

Reply 3
Original post by Shahid109
First you need to do the syllabus thoroughly for all these subjects including end of chapter questions.
Then you do the past papers for which you can consult various website then fix your mistakes in the past papers

Ok thnx
Reply 4
Original post by *LifeHappens*
Here are some good resources, apart from the basic past papers and using your specification (although those are the most essential resources):

Maths:

Exam Q

Maths Genie

GCSE Maths Tutor

Corbett maths

MME revise

Combined science:

Freesciencelessons

Save my exams

PMT

MME revise

English lang + lit:

Glow up your grades (youtube channel)

PMT

BBC Bitesize

Geography:

There are some youtube channels like Mr B

Save my exams

thx for the resources :smile:
Original post by minz1
thx for the resources :smile:

Hello there,
I made free spanish flashcards for all vocab that comes up in the spanish exams.
They have audio and you can also change them from english to spanisb or vice verca!
Let me know if you want them.
Reply 6
Original post by Intrepiful989
Hello there,
I made free spanish flashcards for all vocab that comes up in the spanish exams.
They have audio and you can also change them from english to spanisb or vice verca!

Hello! Yes please I would love to have those flashcards,if its possible for you.
Reply 8
Original post by minz1
I am doing:
Edexcel maths higher
Edexcel combined science
AQA English lang and lit
AQA geography
AQA Spanish

Hi, for english I would recommend Mr Salles on youtube, I got 9s on both english exams thanks to him, full marks in lit.
Reply 9
Original post by Intrepiful989
Hello there,

Hi pls can u send them to me they’d be very helpful!
Original post by The boy..
Hi pls can u send them to me they’d be very helpful!

yes ill dm you!
Original post by minz1
I am doing:
Edexcel maths higher
Edexcel combined science
AQA English lang and lit
AQA geography
AQA Spanish

Hi! I am predicted a grade 8 in geography! Here are some things that i find really useful:
(sorry that they are not all websites but i find these the most useful tips to get a high grade for myself!)

The GCSE (AQA) Exam practice workbook is really good! It has many questions that share a common theme that are often seen in the test papers themselves. The book itself is not expensive, maybe £5 on Amazon. (GCSE Geography AQA Exam practice)

Another way that i study is past papers. If you can, print them out, set a timer of the exam time length, and do as many questions as you can. (AQA official page - GCSE Geography past papers)

I also recommend practice papers as many questions are recycled, therefore the more familiar you are with them, the better and confident you will be to answer them.

Here is a great revision site that you can make notes, save documents and make flashcards! (StudySmarter). It is one of my favourites when it comes to making flashcards for every subject in general. For terms and case studies in geography, this app/website is a life saver ( and syncs across devices on your account )

In studysmarter you can also make flashcards, ask AI to make some through a prompt, or search for a study set that has flashcards made by someone else!

(edited 3 months ago)
Reply 12
I recommend making a list of all the main topics in each subject and keeping track of when you revise it, how you revised it, and how confident you feel on it (RAG rate it). You could do this as a spreadsheet on excel or just on a google doc.
At GCSE you have several subjects you need to revise and I found that this method helped me keep track of everything and not get overwhelmed with all of the content I needed to cover.

Science: watch videos on Cognito (or youtube) and make flashcards on what you watched. Then do practice exam questions from that topic (you can find these on Physics and Maths Tutor or any science revision guide)
Maths: Similar to science - watch videos on topics you're not sure on and then do practice questions.
Lit and Lang: For lit I made a lot of mind maps on themes for each book/poem including quotes, context, characters. To learn quotes I recommend flashcards. When it comes to poetry, if you memories 4 to 5 poems that cover a lot of themes then you should be good - you do not need to remember all of them, just know the context for each and the basic points to talk about in case they end up being the named poem. For both lit and lang you should currently be practicing writing essays under timed conditions and once it gets closer to your exams just try to plan answers to questions.
Spanish: The most important thing is to know your vocab. Use flash cards (there's plenty of already made sets on Quizlet). Also memorize some set phrases and complex tenses so that you can just adjust them slightly and use them in any question on the writing paper. Do little but often.

The closer you get to your exams, the more past papers you need to be doing. A lot of questions get repeated so the more you do these, the more prepared you will be for what could pop up in the actual exam.

Most importantly, don't burn yourself out. At this point in the year, you don't need to be doing much except staying on top of your homework and going over anything you didn't understand in lesson, at home. If your grades are already high (7/8/9) then start your proper revision in April.

I hope this helped, if you have any more questions then I'm more than happy to answer them. Good Luck!!!

Quick Reply

Latest