The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

im doing lord of the flies, and the heaney and clarke poems
can't wait til tuesday afternoon, when it'll all be over! -i can't stand english lit :smile:
Far From the Madding Crowd, pre-1914 war poetry and Romeo & Juliet
Reply 42
Is anyone doing best words for their poetry?

Yep, I am! Pre-1914...so Let Me Not etc - what are you doing?

And also Pride and Prejudice (love that book) and Inpector Calls.

Good luck for tuesday everyone! I'm a bit scared - 70% of your GCSE resting on one 2h15m exam...
Reply 43
I am doing Of Mice and Men, Duffy and Armitage.

You're lucky! 2 hours 15 minutes, I wish we had that much - ours is only a 1 hour 45 minute exam.
I think it was on the last chapter a year or so ago, so it's unlikely to be that again. Or I could be entirely wrong =S
My whole class struggled to get through the book, it was torture! So repetitive, and you're right about it being plot-less, it felt like it was set over a few years, not a few days!
Reply 45
To Kill A Mockingbird and An Inspector Calls (WJEC). Ours is 2hrs 30 mins.
Reply 46
An Inspector Calls, Best Words Pre-1914 Poetry, Of Mice and Men

AQA Spec B - 2 hrs 15 mins

Going to be hell on earth... :smile:
Reply 47
hey plzzz does anyone have any idea how to answer english lit papers?and does anyone have notes for tkamb and simone armitage/duffy poems?
thankyou
Reply 48
To Kill a Mockingbird & Blood Brothers.

WJEC.

I don't know anything

Haven't done any past papers (full ones -- I have some individual questions but that doesn't help so much with timing which is my main problem) can't get hold of any to do either.

PANIC

:frown:
oh my god i think im going to die on this exam
Reply 50
Everyone seems to be dreading this one!
Yeah.. i really feel sick about this one, but english language is going to be worse
Reply 52
Yeah, I agree. Most of my revision has been towards doing test essays, it seems, so I don't feel confident at all about English Language. And I feel really worried about the extract questions. If you're doing an open-book exam, feel sorry for those doing WJEC!
Reply 53
I think as a student we have more control of the english literature, english languague, is almost impossible to revise for except the pre- release booklet!
Of Mice & Men, Seamus Heaney & Gillian Clarke and Pre-1914 Poems.
This is the test i'm predicted highest on and it is really starting to make me nervous, I am clueless about Mice & Men, but on the other hand i'm quite confident on the poems, well I better be off to revise, no point wasting precious revision time on the interwebs. :s-smilie:
I'm doing TKaM and Heaney and Clarke.
Hi 123mccann,

You are doing the same things as me!!

Any tips for the poems will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Go on Teachit and BBC Bitesize, the help they provide is actually extraordinary. In my Anthology the whole page is filled on all the poems. :biggrin:
In doing the Catcher in the Rye. Not many people do this one for some reason its not even on bitesize.
Also the pre1914 poems, Duffy and Armitage poems
One tip i have is to add your personal response about most things you say.
You may like this website http://www.sparknotes.com/lit
Thanks for that 123mccann. I'm going to do that now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest