The Student Room Group

kcl

im in year 12 and i want to study eng lit a kcl next year and here were my gcses results and the grades ive been getting throughout the year - do you think they'll accept me

eng lit - a star
eng lit - a star
drama - a star
geo - a
bio - a
french - a
history - b
math - b
physics - b

i was sick on the day of history and was put in for special consideration - i am doing an histroy based epq in i am doing well in

my a levels are
geo - a star
english - a star
econ - a
drama - a star

these are the grades ive been getting in my report

i am also doing dofe gold - i heard it lowers offers
Reply 1
Your grades are solid so you are all good on that side! When it comes to applying to these competitive unis however, it is much more than getting the best grades, you need to sell yourself in your personal statement in terms of work experience (have you done any?), why you actually want to study the degree, how YOU will benefit THEM and other extra curriculum activities (E.g. a MOOC related to eng lit...).

It sounds like you are on the right path though! Good luck!
(Out of interest where else are you considering, and why do you want KCL?)
Original post by student300009
im in year 12 and i want to study eng lit a kcl next year and here were my gcses results and the grades ive been getting throughout the year - do you think they'll accept me

eng lit - a star
eng lit - a star
drama - a star
geo - a
bio - a
french - a
history - b
math - b
physics - b

i was sick on the day of history and was put in for special consideration - i am doing an histroy based epq in i am doing well in

my a levels are
geo - a star
english - a star
econ - a
drama - a star

these are the grades ive been getting in my report

i am also doing dofe gold - i heard it lowers offers
Reply 2
Original post by Tomm.
Your grades are solid so you are all good on that side! When it comes to applying to these competitive unis however, it is much more than getting the best grades, you need to sell yourself in your personal statement in terms of work experience (have you done any?), why you actually want to study the degree, how YOU will benefit THEM and other extra curriculum activities (E.g. a MOOC related to eng lit...).

It sounds like you are on the right path though! Good luck!
(Out of interest where else are you considering, and why do you want KCL?)

i am the editor school paper and also do mun.

in the uk im considering lse, ucl, kcl, queens mary and cambridge

and in the usa nyu, ucla, rice, georgetown

i really want to study in london as i'm an international student - and want an international atmosphere and i feel that kings can offer it to me.

Quick Reply

Latest