The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Failing 1 element of your module at uni (brunel) (pls help)

I'm a psychology first year at Brunel University and I've just gotten my grade for my last piece of work for this one module.. I failed it and I'm so upset and confused because I've never gotten such a low grade. This module consists of 3 elements (3 pieces of work), 2 of which I had good grades on.

Now I just tried averaging out all the 3 grades I had for the module and it gives me a passing percentage for the module but I'm still confused.

Will I have to redo that one element(essay)? And if so would I even be allowed to redo it??
Original post by SalsaRosa
I'm a psychology first year at Brunel University and I've just gotten my grade for my last piece of work for this one module.. I failed it and I'm so upset and confused because I've never gotten such a low grade. This module consists of 3 elements (3 pieces of work), 2 of which I had good grades on.

Now I just tried averaging out all the 3 grades I had for the module and it gives me a passing percentage for the module but I'm still confused.

Will I have to redo that one element(essay)? And if so would I even be allowed to redo it??

You may have to redo it and generally you get one resit for most things at uni.It should say in an assessment handbook whether they let you pass without passing all the elements of a module.
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Some Universities require a student to pass all the components of a module with at least 40%, not just 40% overall for the entire module.

As Claireestelle has already said, look at your Uni's academic regulations. You may be able to retake it, get a compensated pass etc.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
You may have to redo it and generally you get one resit for most things at uni.It should say in an assessment handbook whether they let you pass without passing all the elements of a module.

thank you, i did end up looking at the assessment book and spoke to my tutor just in case and it turns out I just need to pass the module overall even if i fail one element
Reply 4
Original post by CTLeafez
Some Universities require a student to pass all the components of a module with at least 40%, not just 40% overall for the entire module.

As Claireestelle has already said, look at your Uni's academic regulations. You may be able to retake it, get a compensated pass etc.

Yeah that's why I was worried. But I ended up checking the regulations, turns out I won't have to retake it. Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending