The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Brunel Credit System

Hi anyone know what the credit system works? And how much I have to have to pass first year?
Any help would be appreciated! Thanks :smile:
Pretty sure you just need 40% overall to pass first year.

It might be in each module though. And if you fail to get 40% in a module then you can re-sit the exam on August.
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
What if you have to resit more than one module?
turtlebeachpro
What if you have to resit more than one module?

Again, I'm not 100%, but if you were to fail really badly then you have the option of re-sitting the year or just leaving completely.
Reply 4
It's 40% for modules sum up to 80 Credits and 30% for the remaining 40 credits to pass the first year.

If resiting a module(s), this cannot be more that 40 credits, and the pass mark is capped at 40% (the mark which is recorded if you get 40% or more).

On another note, does level one count towards the degree? It's because I heard only level 2 and 3 count.
Correct, only levels 2 and 3 count towards your degree.
Reply 6
Panda Bear
Correct, only levels 2 and 3 count towards your degree.

Hi, do you know where you find this data? Because I can't find this anywhere and I really don't want to ask the head of department. TY very much! :smile:
TheNihilist
Hi, do you know where you find this data? Because I can't find this anywhere and I really don't want to ask the head of department. TY very much! :smile:

I quickly had a lot at your profile and saw that you studied Financial Mathematics. Have a look here.
Reply 8
Panda Bear
I quickly had a lot at your profile and saw that you studied Financial Mathematics. Have a look here.

Ah, thank you! :smile:
Reply 9
TheNihilist
It's 40% for modules sum up to 80 Credits and 30% for the remaining 40 credits to pass the first year.

If resiting a module(s), this cannot be more that 40 credits, and the pass mark is capped at 40% (the mark which is recorded if you get 40% or more).

On another note, does level one count towards the degree? It's because I heard only level 2 and 3 count.

This is really helpful...when you say that a resit module cannot be worth more than 40 credits...if each module is worth 20 credits, that means i can do 2 resits.

Yeah, it doesnt count towards my final degree but I just dont want to consider dropping out or retaking the whole yr :/

I'm just really very worried about my exam results :frown:

Thanks a lot!!
turtlebeachpro
This is really helpful...when you say that a resit module cannot be worth more than 40 credits...if each module is worth 20 credits, that means i can do 2 resits.

Yeah, it doesnt count towards my final degree but I just dont want to consider dropping out or retaking the whole yr :/

I'm just really very worried about my exam results :frown:

Thanks a lot!!

Well one resit per module before the new semmester starts.

Good luck on your exams! :smile:
Yeah, thanks!
One last question: What happens if I find I need to retake more than 2?
turtlebeachpro
Yeah, thanks!
One last question: What happens if I find I need to retake more than 2?

If you need to resit modules which adds up to more that 60 credits, then you have to leave Brunel.
For my degree (English) we've been told you're not allowed to re-sit more than one exam.
This is scary I think I have majorly messed up my exams. I don't want to leave Brunel or resit my exams.
jessyfantastic90
This is scary I think I have majorly messed up my exams. I don't want to leave Brunel or resit my exams.

I know..same here...I know I messed up 2 of my exams. I just hope I get to stay.

From the Senate Regulations, it says that if you have to retake 40 credits, you can do so in late August (August 31-Sept 3).

But if the retake is 60, then (this is what it said on the Senate Regulations) you have to attend the resit modules on a part time basis and retake them the following year.

If it's more than 60 (which I hope it's not) then you will be asked to withdraw from the course. Which would suck...I'd hate to tell my parents that :frown:
turtlebeachpro
I know..same here...I know I messed up 2 of my exams. I just hope I get to stay.

From the Senate Regulations, it says that if you have to retake 40 credits, you can do so in late August (August 31-Sept 3).

But if the retake is 60, then (this is what it said on the Senate Regulations) you have to attend the resit modules on a part time basis and retake them the following year.

If it's more than 60 (which I hope it's not) then you will be asked to withdraw from the course. Which would suck...I'd hate to tell my parents that :frown:

I got quite good on my c/w so hopefully that will pull me up. How are you finding the uni so far?
Reply 17
If i fail resit exam is there any chance to write exam or Assigment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending