The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I found it quite good tbh.

We practised the smoking ban letter in school ages ago and i just remembered that.

B1 was Ok too. I just said i was a parent who had raised up 3 teenagers lol. Then gave advice. Too make it more lively i added some onamotopeia (Duno how to spell it) at the begining like "Bang", doors slam - "Boom, boom, boom" the 'bassy' pop music constantly being played at full blast.

The Kevin bull**** was borin lol. But i dont think i did that bad.

Only thing was i was sat in the youth club and the fat ****ing ugly bitch invidulator sat infront of the ****ing clock so i couldnt see the time. Lucily she moved her fast ass and when i finished A4 i was 1 hr and 15 mins in to it :frown:

Silly fat old ugly bitch
Reply 21
"and the one by the teenager herself seemed more like a blog entry than anything else to me"

Pretty Much True :smile:
Reply 22
"onamotopeia (Duno how to spell it) "

Don't worry, it's ONOMATOPOEIA..... i think ;-)
Reply 23
Twincam
I found it quite good tbh.

We practised the smoking ban letter in school ages ago and i just remembered that.

B1 was Ok too. I just said i was a parent who had raised up 3 teenagers lol. Then gave advice. Too make it more lively i added some onamotopeia (Duno how to spell it) at the begining like "Bang", doors slam - "Boom, boom, boom" the 'bassy' pop music constantly being played at full blast.

The Kevin bull**** was borin lol. But i dont think i did that bad.

Only thing was i was sat in the youth club and the fat ****ing ugly bitch invidulator sat infront of the ****ing clock so i couldnt see the time. Lucily she moved her fast ass and when i finished A4 i was 1 hr and 15 mins in to it :frown:

Silly fat old ugly bitch

I STRUGGLED for time!
Reply 24
That's because an article on the internet is a blog..
Yes, you will lose a few marks for an incorrect letter format as it is meant to be a formal letter, but the article you just had to paragraph and section.
And if you didn't paragraph in the article and or the letter, you won't get anything better than a D on that section which would mean it would be rather difficult to get an A* in that paper.
Reply 25
lockshy
I didn't really like that at all in comparison with past papers. I didn't find either of the articles particuarly persuasive, and the one by the teenager herself seemed more like a blog entry than anything else to me.

Will you lose marks for not having done correct letter formatting (such as mentioned above)? I barely left myself twenty minutes for section B so just scribbled out a "dear editor" and rambled without sense. Oh well.

Agreed. I thought she wasn't very effective at defending teenagers; she just sounded resentful and childish. Not much to comment on either, it seemed more or less the same throughout? :/

I quite liked the other one though, and I always prefer paper 1 reading to paper 2 reading. *Shrug*
I wrote hardly anything for A3, never had time :smile:
Reply 27
I thought the paper went well!! comapred to all the other past papers I tried..its a topic on which we are familiar on ..teenagers :biggrin: and my report went brilliantly as I did that in my coursework! and the letter was good....

YAAAAAY! NO MORE ENGLISH FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE! WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOO....:biggrin: :d :biggrin:
That's a good point.
You put a smile on my face then :smile:
Did anyone elses news article sound more like advice writing? Or was it just me...
When we went into the exam the inserts were already on our desk, so then someone had a look and announced to everyone we'd be writing about 'Kevin and Perry Go Large', if only. :mad:

Didn't enjoy section A. Especially A4, I didn't write under the headings that it told you to so I wrote a little note apologising to the examiner. Section B was fine though, I wrote about coping with teenagers was like training a dog, then just said I really liked the smoking ban.
Reply 31
Yeah, but i got mixed up anyway, and started going off on a tangent!
ahh well..
Reply 33
Headings? What headings?

I should really start reading the questions. Having said that, it's a bit late now :s-smilie:
Nyghtshade
I found it alright actually. My letter thing at the end was a load of rubbish though; the lack of both sleep and caffeine really got to me in the end. Wrote 2 and a half pages on pretty much the same point. Eurgh. Major fail. Other than that... overdid it on section A again, haha. My plan to time myself and move on failed miserably...

Better than paper 1 though. :/ Surprisingly.

... for A4 were we supposed to write on the headings? :/

It said something like:

'the attitudes to teenagers in both articles'
'the attitudes to parents in both articles'

I don't think it meant literally write the heading then your answer, but it meant you have to include information like that. I just wrote one paragraph on each article then compared them both at the end.

My timing went out of the window too, started section B with 40 minutes left.
Reply 35
Reply 36
Quite easy again. I just kept on writing throughout the exam, needless to say some of the stuff might have been rubbish but I'm pretty confident of a B at worst. Section B took no time. Took about 1 hour 10 to do section 1 and about 40 minutes to do section B where i wrote a page on both tasks with my smallish writing!
I thought it was quite good :smile:

The only thing I was confused about were the first A questions, because it asked what impressions do we get of his son (who is a teenager) and then what does he think of teenagers, so I kept making similar points in A2 as I did in A1 :s-smilie:!
arghh i'm predicted an A in english but i really don't think i've managed to get it!!!! :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:

for section A i spent 25 minutes answering the questions with the wrong article!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i realized it didn't make sense so i had to cross out like the page and a half that i wrote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :s-smilie::s-smilie::s-smilie:

afterwards i had to really rush everything but i think the article and letter were fine, its just the questions that went badly cuz i didn't have enough time!

i'm so stupid seriously lol!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 39

Latest