The Student Room Group

Recommended timings for Eduqas Wjec English Language GCSE exam

I was wondering how long I should spend each 10 mark question compared to the rest of the paper and if I should attempt to complete these quickly to get to the essay questions / creative writing in part B of each paper.
Any clarification and help would be much appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by JosefEllis
I was wondering how long I should spend each 10 mark question compared to the rest of the paper and if I should attempt to complete these quickly to get to the essay questions / creative writing in part B of each paper.

It should be no kess than 10 mins if more it could affect your creative writing as ut takes more time into thinking if the story. By the way, for Section B the creative writing does Eduqas exam board plagiarise because I want to copy a narrative so it can guarantee marks
Original post by Ahyzah
It should be no kess than 10 mins if more it could affect your creative writing as ut takes more time into thinking if the story. By the way, for Section B the creative writing does Eduqas exam board plagiarise because I want to copy a narrative so it can guarantee marks

pretty sure you lose marks for originality and plot if you just copy a narrative...
Reply 3
u dont lose marks for originality?
Original post by JosefEllis

Eduqas is the english version wjec right?

I did my gcses last year with wjec. So for WJEC English you have unit 2 and unit 3, both 2hours each. On one paper you will have a 10 mark synthesis question, the other a 10 mark compare contrast (so after doing the first paper, for example if you had comparing on unit 2 you know unit 3 will have synthesis so revise that). They normally also have a 'how does this convey' type question on both which I think can be up to 10 marks, so prepare for those.

Unit 2 you get a choice of two options for section B, unit 3 you HAVE to do both. So it's recommended to try and split section A 1 hour section B 1 hour. I'd say if you have a 10 marker spend max 15 mins on it and move on (try and aim for 10 mins, 10+ points). Then if you have time at the end (depending on how quickly you answer section B), go back and see what you can add.

Just make sure you do section B in time (think it's like half the paper?), and answer A best you can.

Quick Reply

Latest