The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

MRes in Drug Discovery and Development at Imperial College London

Hello,
I applied to the MRes in Drug Discovery and Development at Imperial College London and got an invitation for an interview. I would like to ask if there is anyone who knows any titles/examples of research projects that are offered for this master.
Thanks!
Hi, how's the interview? I got a 2:1 in biomed and am planning to apply for this course in 2020.
Was told that is easier to get in to imperial at master level compared to bachelor. You can get in as long as you meet the minimum 2:1 requirement.
How's the course so far?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Hi, how's the interview? I got a 2:1 in biomed and am planning to apply for this course in 2020.
Was told that is easier to get in to imperial at master level compared to bachelor. You can get in as long as you meet the minimum 2:1 requirement.
How's the course so far?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
How's the course so far?

Hi! The interview was okay!They are very friendly but unfortunately i didn't get an offer. I did it quite late in july so most of the places were filled and it was more competitive! So now I am at ucl doing Msc in Drug Discovery!I think that yes it is easier! Try to apply early and I think you will have higher chances of getting in! If you have more questions i would be happy to help!
Hi, Thank you for your reply.

Do personal statement and cv weigh much in the admission? Was the interview more toward academic/knowledge-based discussion (e.g. research plan, past education etc) or more toward checking english proficiency? (I am an international student , not native english speaker).
Reply 5
I think everything is equally important (CV, personal statement, interview and grades).
The interview was about 15- 20 minutes. In the first 5 minutes you do a small presentation on power point (you share your screen as it is a skype interview!) in which you talk about your research experiences and any lab techniques you know, for example your undergraduate research project or any internship that you did.
After that they ask you some simple questions on your presentation and then is more like a discussion. Questions like why you want to do the master? What particular area of drug discovery are you interested? What do you want to do next?
Don't worry about your English. They don't care much about it. I am an international student too and I understand that sometimes is difficult! But they were ok to repeat any question I did not understand for example. Show them that you are interested in the master and you will be ok!
Hi, I'm thinking of applying for this masters for entry next year, and was wondering if anyone had any tips for the application process?
Reply 7
Original post by ChemistryEf
Hi! The interview was okay!They are very friendly but unfortunately i didn't get an offer. I did it quite late in july so most of the places were filled and it was more competitive! So now I am at ucl doing Msc in Drug Discovery!I think that yes it is easier! Try to apply early and I think you will have higher chances of getting in! If you have more questions i would be happy to help!

I want to ask did the interviewer ask difficult academic questions based on your research experience? What kind of questions did the interviewer ask? Thanks.
I just finished this project interview. As an international applicant, I think specialized English is really important because I found the questions were not difficult, but I didn't know some of the words.
Original post by sleep everyday
I just finished this project interview. As an international applicant, I think specialized English is really important because I found the questions were not difficult, but I didn't know some of the words.
hi, do you have any advice for the presentation? and did they ask many academically challenging questions? thanks!
Original post by Anonymous
hi, do you have any advice for the presentation? and did they ask many academically challenging questions? thanks!

I don't think there are too many difficult questions, but you may need to learn some academic words pronunciation if you are not a native speaker.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending