The Student Room Group

Is there a high chance of getting 5 rejections for my uni choice?

I have a predicted grade of A*A*AA (A* in chem n bio)
My uni choices:
UCL, KCL, Imperial, Edinburgh, Manchester (All for chem/medicinal chem)
I'd be surprised if you didn't get a single offer. Although you'll be in a good position to use UCAS Extra if the worst comes to the worst.
Original post by kyue
My uni choices:

3/4 spots will open up again if the scenario is conditional offers you don’t meet them then we know 5 rejections are coming your way but it’s all subjects to the grades, space and availability of the course and you meeting the requirements.
Original post by kyue
My uni choices:

3 London choices is very risky given the demand for places there although Chemistry isnt massively in demand. Personally I would remove Kings for a less risky choice but it is down to you how risky you want to make it and how you would take having rejections
Reply 4
Original post by kyue
My uni choices:

As above, applying to all three of UCL / KCL / Imperial is risky, simply because they get swamped with applications - not because they are 'better' (they aren't) but just because of the supposed 'glamour' of being in London.

I'd swap out one of those choice for another out-of-London choice like Bristol, Bath etc.
Reply 5
Original post by McGinger
As above, applying to all three of UCL / KCL / Imperial is risky, simply because they get swamped with applications - not because they are 'better' (they aren't) but just because of the supposed 'glamour' of being in London.

I'd swap out one of those choice for another out-of-London choice like Bristol, Bath etc.

I'm not sure whether to swap UCL/imperial for Bristol though cause I prefer a Medicinal Chemistry course which is only offered by imperial (I applied for chemistry for UCL) But I just checked and Imperial's sch fees rose to 41k for international students which is incredibly expensive :frown:
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by kyue
I prefer a Medicinal Chemistry course

Bath offers both Pharmacology and Chemistry for Drug Discovery.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending