The Student Room Group

Vet School Applications and Mental Heath

Hi
So I am going to apply to Universities for Veterinary Medicine, and I have seen on some of the uni sites that you have to disclose mental health etc
Would Anxiety, Depression or ADHD effect my application?
Would universities refuse me for these? I don't think that they would effect me in veterinary medicine, as veterinary medicine makes me happy and I can focus, but what would universities think?
You will absolutely have to disclose them - but it does not necessarily rule you out
You may need meetings with their occupational health department but provided your GP believes you are fit to practice then the university would accept that.
Original post by love-animals
Hi
So I am going to apply to Universities for Veterinary Medicine, and I have seen on some of the uni sites that you have to disclose mental health etc
Would Anxiety, Depression or ADHD effect my application?
Would universities refuse me for these? I don't think that they would effect me in veterinary medicine, as veterinary medicine makes me happy and I can focus, but what would universities think?

This should be kept separate to your application as they cannot discriminate on that basis (so long as you are fit to study and work with animals) but may be used to look for ways to help and support you when you start University.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending